Corina checks into heartbreak hotel!

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:25 am

Of course, it was mostly to wind Corina up as she keeps trying to get me to sing Elvis :laugh: but it was also a surprise to me to see there was nothing there, seeing as there is SO MUCH there now with hundreds of fabulous lessons. To notice what's missing is now the name of the game and that's going to payout big time, I think.

.... and you know, I really don't mind Elvis that much :)

TGVanessa wrote:
Very very smart Chris!! :D :D :P

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hey Crieniecat, don't drag me (back) into it :laugh: I just lit the fuse and ducked for cover....

michelew

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:52 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hey Crieniecat, don't drag me (back) into it :laugh: I just lit the fuse and ducked for cover.... :laugh:

Wow, David, you are right, no Check Berry! Looks like all the skeletons are falling out of the TG closet at one go!

I see a big pay off for us all here.... (where's the smiley with a halo?)

Corina - I LOVE bananas! How did you know? Was it the monkeying around?

Nice try Chris! :laugh: :P the old 'Who? Little old me?'-defence. :) like that's going to work.

Actually Neil, I wonder whether you have an Elvis story, just like you appeared to have a Tom Petty story, before you started releasing Tom Petty lessons. :) ;) :silly:

crieniecat

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:39 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Of course, it was mostly to wind Corina up as she keeps trying to get me to sing Elvis :laugh: but it was also a surprise to me to see there was nothing there, seeing as there is SO MUCH there now with hundreds of fabulous lessons. To notice what's missing is now the name of the game and that's going to payout big time, I think.

.... and you know, I really don't mind Elvis that much :)
Just to wind me up eh? Grrr :lol:
Well... how 'bout this....
If this all pays off, and we'll be having some Elvis at TG, there's no way you can't sing it now....! B)
You have my vote, oh you already had it, well, have it again, and again, couldn't hear me? I said, AGAIN! :P ;) :kiss:

willem

Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:41 pm

Elvis was a great singer who could play the guitar also..

davidrfinn99165

Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:11 pm

I understand Neil's point, and the way it was expressed haha....but then Elvis and his sidemen surely brought at least as much to the guitar-playing world as Carole King and Elton John , picking two examples of non-guitarists who have songs on TG.

So it is just the 'puppet' criteria he fails on??....although i see there are TG lessons for the Monkees as well, so some puppets are allowed ??

TGNesh

Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:41 pm

Grrrrrreat find Willem, especially Brian Setzer!

The only reason why I haven't tackled songs by Elvis, which were played on guitar by Scotty Moore (in his early days), is because I don't really 'master' this technique or at least not well enough. I would need to work on it. There you have it. :S :laugh: B) And yes some songs are absolutely really easy, although I still think I could make some of them interesting enough. And I'm sure there are some out there that didn't cross my mind just yet. I should go through his catalogue. We'll see. ;)

And now I'm leaving this thread before I say something that I'll live to regret later.

willem wrote:
Elvis was a great singer who could play the guitar also..

edit...

edit...

tombo1230

Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:48 pm

michelew wrote:
[quote

Actually Neil, I wonder whether you have an Elvis story, just like you appeared to have a Tom Petty story, before you started releasing Tom Petty lessons. :) ;) :silly:[/quote]

Well Neil, is there a story here? You both share the same taste in shirts.....

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:50 pm

.... you may have something there Tom! :laugh:

TGNeil

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:18 pm

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
I understand Neil's point, and the way it was expressed haha....but then Elvis and his sidemen surely brought at least as much to the guitar-playing world as Carole King and Elton John , picking two examples of non-guitarists who have songs on TG.

So it is just the 'puppet' criteria he fails on??....although i see there are TG lessons for the Monkees as well, so some puppets are allowed ??
Let's see, compare songwriters to performers. Oh, and aren't some of the Elton John's songs guitar heavy (Madman, Daniel), and James Taylor is happy playing Carole's songs, It's Still Rock And Roll To Me (worthy or not?). Brian Setzer, could he have played in Elvis' band? Great songwriter who should be represented here. Neil Diamond, wrote a Monkees hit, as did a pile of great songwriters. Jimmy Webb, great guitarist? Songs that guitar players might be interested in? Ah, Glen Campbell made those OK.

Just some random thoughts, with more ranting and venting coming up soon in the News. All in good fun though!

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic