Corina checks into heartbreak hotel!

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
TGNesh

Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:06 pm

Well.....you've suggested Elvis to me many many times Shel :) , but I was afraid that I would get fired from TG then.....so.....I let it be. :S

Neil and I did exchange notes Chris, but not over Elvis, instead it was over this list that Daryl had posted and from there it was over the Bee Gees, since I had pointed it out. From there..... :) But I'm sure that what you're saying, that is if I actually understand what you're saying :blink: , is the case as well. :laugh:

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:17 pm

Yes Ness, I got what you meant and I think you got what I meant, possibly :laugh:
Get some sleep, its late in Dutchy land :)

michelew

Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:32 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Well.....you've suggested Elvis to me many many times Shel :) , but I was afraid that I would get fired from TG then.....so.....I let it be. :S

Neil and I did exchange notes Chris, but not over Elvis, instead it was over this list that Daryl had posted and from there it was over the Bee Gees, since I had pointed it out. From there..... :) But I'm sure that what you're saying, that is if I actually understand what you're saying :blink: , is the case as well. :laugh:

Well Ness, I'm very confident that by now Neil absolutely knows that you are well and truely able to take any song and prepare a very valuable lesson on it. You've already surprised him a few times with your cool lesson choices.

And we your loyal fans know the value of your lessons, even on seemingly straightforward songs. There's always more to see and hear and to bring out of it.

:) trust your own judgement.

Shel

TGNesh

Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:30 am

:kiss: :) :cheer: B)

michelew wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:

Well Ness, I'm very confident that by now Neil absolutely knows that you are well and truely able to take any song and prepare a very valuable lesson on it. You've already surprised him a few times with your cool lesson choices.

And we your loyal fans know the value of your lessons, even on seemingly straightforward songs. There's always more to see and hear and to bring out of it.

:) trust your own judgement.

Shel

TGNeil

Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:53 pm

We might do an Elvis lesson when somebody can point out what he brought to the guitar playing world, other than being a puppet to bring rock and roll to the white audience in America who would not accept Chuck Berry.

Anon

davidrfinn99165

Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:50 am

TGNeil wrote:
We might do an Elvis lesson when somebody can point out what he brought to the guitar playing world, other than being a puppet to bring rock and roll to the white audience in America who would not accept Chuck Berry.

Anon
Haha tell us what you really think !!! One could argue though that Scotty Moore and James Burton brought a lot to the guitar world, or that many Elvis songs would make good campfire material.

Erm - do we have any Chuck Berry lessons on here ??

michelew

Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:11 am

What did Elvis bring indeed. I'll let others answer that specifically. But, it seems to me that most musicians have borrowed and stolen from musicians that went before them. But some have made a big impact on the music scene through their own role in it, even if it was their passion and delivery rather than and specific song that they did or didn't write.

What would the Rolling Stones have sounded like without the blues or Dylan without traditional songs. All artist are a product of their time and the politics and events of that era in some way.

It seems to me that there are many reasons why songs have been placed in the TG library. Sometimes it's a classic guitar song, most of the time it's because there's a number of good things to learn. And sometimes it's because it's just a cool song, a fun song to play or an appropriate song for an occasion.

Well I assume that's why we have:
15 cowboy song
12 holiday sing-a-longs
15 holiday instrumentals

So you could do some beautiful songs that Elvis made big, teach us some cool things and arm us with a song that will be a crowd pleaser; and credit whoever it was who wrote the song too.

Whatever songs we learn, they help us to become better guitar players one way or another. Isn't that the plan? :)

Michele.

crieniecat

Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:48 am

Michele,
You just won a bunch of bananas! :woohoo: :lol:
You've said it all. Exactly my opinion as well.

What a great discussion this thread has brought up.
Chris you're a genius, although this might feel to you more as if this all has backfired... now TG possibly might have Elvis on board thanks to you! :blink: ;) :) B) :woohoo: :kiss:
Who would have thought that checking in to Heartbreak Hotel would lead to this B)
I'm not checked out yet though... :P

Neil/Ness, No way you two can back off and don't do any 'Elvis songs' for TG now, hehehehe :laugh: B) :silly:
What say you?!

Purring the day away Cat.... B)

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:02 am

Hey Crieniecat, don't drag me (back) into it :laugh: I just lit the fuse and ducked for cover.... :laugh:

Wow, David, you are right, no Check Berry! Looks like all the skeletons are falling out of the TG closet at one go!

I see a big pay off for us all here.... (where's the smiley with a halo?)

TGNesh

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:12 am

Very very smart Chris!! :D :D :P

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hey Crieniecat, don't drag me (back) into it :laugh: I just lit the fuse and ducked for cover....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic