Corina checks into heartbreak hotel!

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
fjeanmur

Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:47 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Hmmm.....maybe Sinatra's 'My Way', which he btw didn't write either. Still it's very much associated to him. Or at least some of those type of ballads. Elvis, obviously, has covered many songs which were done by many many others as well, especially in his later years.

Got to be careful now, otherwise Neil and I end up, after 3+ years, actually working on the same song after all... :blink:
crieniecat wrote:
TGNeil wrote:

As for Elvis, there is a good chance I might get to a couple of the ballads, not likely any of the 12-bar-blues ones, which are pretty generic.

Neil
See?!?! So you DO consider to bring Elvis over at TG?! Jeeeeej....
I just can't help believing :silly:

I predict to find one less mocking Ceshire cat in a little corner at TG
;) B) :P
Vanessa

Now there's an idea: You and Neil can work on the same lesson! You do the singing version and Neil the instrumental. That way, we get to choose or try both!

That's two, two, two lessons in one! (Who can identify that reference?)

TGNesh

Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:54 am

Well thank you, thank you very much Sir! :laugh: :laugh:

Neil and I couldn't disagree more about anything but Elvis. He's my childhood/teenage hero and he has influenced me musically more than I could ever express. :) 'Something happens' to me when I play his songs. I also think I read pretty much every book about him that is out there. No, I didn't watch áll his movies...they make me cringe, like he cringed as well.. :S

Many thanks Bill, glad you liked Words as well!

Ness

wrsomers wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
I once busked an Elvis-song. Don't give me the 'he didn't write it'-rant. :angry: I réally don't care... Elvis was unique, ask Lennon. ;)

Ness!
That was great! The only thing you forgot was..."Thank you, thank you very much"
:laugh:

Bill

P.S. Loved the BeeGees tune also.

davidrfinn99165

Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:53 pm

Great fun Ness.. wow, you were famous even before you were famous!

daryl

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:21 pm

fjeanmur wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
Hmmm.....maybe Sinatra's 'My Way', which he btw didn't write either. Still it's very much associated to him. Or at least some of those type of ballads. Elvis, obviously, has covered many songs which were done by many many others as well, especially in his later years.

Got to be careful now, otherwise Neil and I end up, after 3+ years, actually working on the same song after all... :blink:
crieniecat wrote:

Vanessa

Now there's an idea: You and Neil can work on the same lesson! You do the singing version and Neil the instrumental. That way, we get to choose or try both!

I guess I'm old. :-(

fjeanmur

Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Hey Daryl--

Ding, ding, ding! You got it! But if you're old, that makes me old too. I remember that commercial. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe it's not so funny. :(

willem

Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:50 pm

Elvis left the building :laugh: B)

W. B)

TGNesh

Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:55 pm

Great idea Jean, I'd be absolutely up for that! :cheer:

Actually, because of this thread Neil and I just exchanged, for the first time in 3+ years, notes on what we would have in mind for some on that list. First one he mentioned 'boom', same song as I had planned. :ohmy: No decision has been made yet. :)

fjeanmur wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:

crieniecat wrote:

Vanessa

TGNesh

Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:56 pm

No, it's vice versa, he's éntering the building!! :laugh: :laugh: :P B)

willem wrote:
Elvis left the building :laugh: B)

W. B)

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:07 pm

Actually, because of this thread Neil and I just exchanged, for the first time in 3+ years, notes on what we would have in mind for some on that list. First one he mentioned 'boom', same song as I had planned. No decision has been made yet.
- Vanessa

Wow, that is so cool! Who says there isn't a connected consciousness in which we all live and have access too rather than us all having an individual, separated, local, mind-only created consciousness!

michelew

Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Ahhhh... So this looks like another case of ask and you may receive. :)

Congrats Corina. It looks like TG won't be an Elvis free zone for too much longer. Your hero will continue to live through the music he brought to the world. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic