Heaven - Talking Heads

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
getjet

Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:01 pm

It would be great to have this one together with other Talking Heads or David Byrne ones. Thanks!

TGNeil

Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi GetJet,

Welcome to TG and the Target Program. The Talking Heads are another band we have not done any lessons on and there are some great ones. I just took a look at this video and suspect that many people here can help with the chords and voicings. I should probably put this into our Listen Up forum but let's see what the TG Community can offer up as to what is going on in Heaven.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:50 pm

I think it's the Key of D
Chords - 1. D 2. Em 4. G 5. A 6. Bm with little finger embellishments.

:S

Edit

Now looking at the video .... it's the 4 string G, I think the D is using F thumb wrap on S6 ( D/F ) but I find it hard
separating all the sounds. I need to work on ear training..... said that before ! :blush:
That's a year an 5 months I've had tinnitus etc now.
It doesn't help things !

:(

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic