Naked Ladies & Electric Ragtime -Instrumental

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
dhweston24563

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:11 am

Hi Neil and everybody,
On your last weekly update Neil - 24th Sept or thereabouts, you brought up the issue of Ragtime guitar again. Well - here's a glorious piece of classic ragtime guitar by that great English folky - Michael Chapman. Its called "Naked Ladies & Electric Ragtime" and is the second track on his 1970 album "Fully Qualified Survivor". A classic album in any ones book. The late Mick Ronson plays electric guitar on a number of tracks, and led directly to him teeing up with the late great David Bowie.

Anyway - I digress - This instrumental has a classic ragtime feel to it, and I dont think to many of you would necessarily know Michael's work. Neil - you certainly would !! I cant play it unfortunately, again difficult to get my fingers around it, but I think it would make a great lesson.

Hi to everybody from Australia.

Cheers
Doug (from Down Under)

auntlynnie

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:58 am

Doug,
I don't see the video here. There has been some glitches with the uploader of late.
But I'd sure like to hear this song.
Lynn

thereshopeyet

Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:53 am

:ohmy:

Found it !

:)

auntlynnie

Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:37 am

Wow, that is quite a showpiece!
Wonderful!

Lynn

davidrfinn99165

Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:59 pm

Great playing by Michael Chapman.

Not a ragtime tune, but i love his song Postcards of Scarborough.

dhweston24563

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:50 am

Hi Lynn,
That is the live version - he does a bit of showboating there lolol, and its way faster than the recorded version on Fully Qualified Survivor. I dont think the audience would know how to spell ragtime - looking at their age lolol.

Anyway - You will find the actual recorded version on utube somewhere, or better still get the CD.

Cheers
Doug

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic