holiday song request

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
jayswett

Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:12 pm

This didn't get any traction last year. Thought I'd try again. I don't remember if a holiday song has been added recently.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/song-voti ... anuel.html

Regardless, just as an FYI, Little Drummer Boy is a great lesson and worth learning. Immediately recognizable.

TGNeil

Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:52 pm

Hey Jay,

Great idea! Not sure about last year either but I do have a few on the schedule for the next couple weeks. I had to look back and see if Emmanuel was even on my Christmas CD, and was glad to see it was as I remember playing it quite a bit a generation or so ago. As I recall, it is pretty straightforward with a lot of changes. I am pretty sure I even have my original charts from 1984 at Macy's, when I did have a rotating repertoire of 50-60 songs.

Thanks for the suggestion, and the comment on The Little Drummer Boy. I think I can make this one happen pretty soon.

Neil

TGNeil

Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Here is a lead sheet/chart to get you started, lesson coming soon but see what you can come up with from this.

Neil

jayswett

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:55 pm

Thanks Neil.

Will have a look over the weekend. Looking forward to tackling this.
Jay

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic