Led Zeppelin - Thank You

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
spinland

Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:27 pm

You're soon going to sense a trend in many of my requests (and interests musically as a whole): I love it when hard rocking bands do ballads, especially love songs. Just does it for me. B)

So, the yearning intro to this song ought to make for a great beginner-to-intermediate lesson, and the JPJ keyboard melody throughout echoes the intro so it would most likely be a straightforward tutorial. Plus, it'd save me the effort of trying to work it out myself. :side:

TGNesh

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:12 am

Becareful Mark, Neil loves to challenge his students and make them work it out themselves! ;)

spinland wrote:
Plus, it'd save me the effort of trying to work it out myself. :side:

spinland

Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:06 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Becareful Mark, Neil loves to challenge his students and make them work it out themselves! ;)

spinland wrote:
Plus, it'd save me the effort of trying to work it out myself. :side:
Heh. Challenge accepted, Vanessa. On his strong endorsement I've purchased a copy of Song Surgeon to go with my copy of Guitar Pro 6. Maybe I'll just do that. :side:

Actually, yesterday I ran across an obscure song I'd forgotten how much I loved, and there exists nothing at all about it on the interwebz, not even lyrics. That might be my first crack at working out my own score.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic