Soul of the Sea - Heart

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
bdwatson

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:27 pm

Soul of the Sea by Heart. I cant find tab or youtube lesson on this anywhere

great acoustic piece

spinland

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:24 am

Great pick. Heart has such a killer catalog.

FWIW, the "Chordify" online app has (IMO) many issues but sometimes it can provide a quick and dirty analysis of a troublesome song. That can serve as a jumping-off point to get me started.

It says the original is in Eb which, in my experience, means for guitar work it has to be transposed (with or without capo). This is the basic chord analysis (for better or worse, I see a lot of accidentals in there which tells me either they went out of key with borrow chords a lot or this needs a ton of cleaning up) set in D. Maybe it'll help?

Chord Chart in D

As I said, I find it to be hit or miss but sometimes a useful beginning.

ETA: can't seem to be able to attach the file so shared a link instead.

bdwatson

Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:06 pm

awesome, I was not familar with chordify, but I am now. I'll see what I can do with that until Neil does a lesson
thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic