What About Linda Ronstadt?

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
wrsomers

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:24 pm

I find it mind boggling that there is not one lesson on this site for a Linda Ronstadt song. How about "Long Long Time"? One of her best!

daryl

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Yep. A beautiful song with a nice guitar part. Do you think you could get Corina to sing it with you? That would be great! And maybe get Michele to play the bass.

daryl

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Nice cover:

daryl

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:42 pm

Maybe this one will help you:

wrsomers

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:00 pm

Thanks Daryl. I have this song pretty well worked out as in the video of LR I posted. I'm just looking for a way to play the violin/orchestra part on the guitar; that would round out the project.

TGNeil

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:18 pm

Hey Gang,

I have gotten close to doing a few of her songs in the past and will try to get to a couple. I probably have noodled through Long Long Time in some old Weekly Update. Others in the running might be Different Drum, Heat Wave and You're No Good. You may have noticed I lean more toward songwriters than singers (Elvis anyone???) and a few of her songs would be considered definitive versions while most I would consider great covers (Desperado, Willing, Will You Love Me Tomorrow... to name a few.

In any event, it's always a better day if I have been able to boggle a mind.

Neil

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:50 pm

Boggled? I'm just flat out disgusted that not every single song of the Moody Blues is not a lesson :laugh:

... er did I just double negative myself....? :ohmy: :blush:

Hmmm, never heard of any of those songs and I only know You're no Good by The Swinging Blue Jeans. :huh:

wrsomers

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:10 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Boggled? I'm just flat out disgusted that not every single song of the Moody Blues is not a lesson :laugh:

... er did I just double negative myself....? :ohmy: :blush:

Hmmm, never heard of any of those songs and I only know You're no Good by The Swinging Blue Jeans. :huh:

No comparison and she’s much prettier than those blokes.

Or

dottmcse85630

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:59 pm

Check out Karla Bonhoff she is a singer/songwriter and wrote quite a few songs for Linda Ronstadt as well as others. TG does not have any of Karla's tunes but she is worth discovering on Youtube and iTunes.

Dennis

thereshopeyet

Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:55 pm

:)

The music wouldn't have been the same without Linda Ronstadt's voice.

The music definitely wouldn't have been the same without Linda Ronstadt's voice.

Dermot

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic