"Blush" by Wolf Alice

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
spinland

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:21 pm

This band may not be everyone's proverbial cup of tea. I know I had never heard of then until this week. They are "indie" and to my ear touch on "millennial punk" but their songwriting is tight, musically they nail it, and the songs themselves are transporting me as I listen to them.

"Blush" was a 2013 release, before they broke onto the global stage, and the content is devastatingly apt and relevant to me. The tune itself is also well-crafted and beautiful, not one of their angrier pieces.

I intend to work out a solo cover arrangement myself, but I wanted to enshrine their craft here in the form of a formal lesson request.

You're welcome. :side:

Spinny

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:16 pm

Wolf Alice sound pretty cool Mark, thanks for the heads up. :)

spinland

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:42 am

My pleasure, Chris.

Here's the official video from the album version of this song. It might be a bit confusing as a starting point because there's an actor lip-syncing the lead. The young lady in braids is the actual lead singer.

spinland

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Heh. FWIW I've just about got the arrangement of this song down. I hope to begin actual practice later today, then record a video soon after I have it down.

This song affected me deeply, enough so that I dropped everything I was working on to learn it.

Moar soon. :side:

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic