Bobby Darin - Dream Lover and Things, Paul Anka - Lonely Boy, Neil Diamond - Sunday Sun

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
tgolesia

Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:39 am

Hi,
Received a request for these songs from Bobby Darin, Paul Anka and Neil Diamond to be made into the lessons.

"Hi, do you have a good selection of older songs. Like Bobby Darin's "Dream Lover" Paul Anchors "Lonely Boy" "Things" again by Bobby Darin. "Sunday Sun" by Neil Diamond. I want to learn these easier to play older songs. Thanks from brian."

Thanks for the recommendation Brian!

David_M

Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:13 pm

I’m not sure if you’re still interested (as this post if fairly old), but I worked out the details for playing Bobby Darin’s “Dream Lover” a few months ago.

I tend to be a little “Over the Top” when it comes to documentation, and I can’t expressly say that I got everything right (I’m just a beginner), but it sounds OK when I play it.

I typically write up notes like this when I learn a new song because . . .

1.) It helps me remember things when I try and play it later on.
2.) It forces me to study the song.
3.) It allows me to share it with my wife when she tries to play it with me.

Anyway, I thought I would share my notes with you.

Let me know if you enjoy them and if they work for you.

Dream-Lover.jpg
Dream-Lover.jpg (129.02 KiB) Viewed 2889 times

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic