Welcome To Recommend A Lesson

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
JAQuayle

Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:30 am

Neil, how about working up a fingerstyle lesson for "Sunday Will Never Be The Same" by Spanky And Our Gang?

framus26

Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:44 pm

This is my first contribution to the forum. I enjoy your unique perspectives on how to recreate a song on a single guitar that usually is played by more than one guitar when recorded.
I've worked on this song by the Rembrandts over the years with limited success so Neil hope you might be interested in putting a lesson together for Just the Way it Is, Baby.

thank you for considering

poeogau78186

Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:13 pm

Hey Neil,

First of all, great job on the Guitar Geography webinar. I watched it after the fact and more than a few light bulbs went on.

Reguest - a fingerstyle, instrumental version of I'll Be Back by the Beatles.

Thanks,
Bob

furiousg1

Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:29 am

Hi, would you consider "I Can Help", Billy Swan. It has a few interesting features, a series of intro licks, double stops, and what sounds like a diminished chord - mid song.

Cheers

furiousg1

Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:00 am

furiousg1 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:29 am
Hi, would you consider "I Can Help", Billy Swan. It has a few interesting features, a series of intro licks, double stops, and what sounds like a diminished chord - mid song.

Cheers

Walt Leytham

Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:13 am

Hi Neil,

I love this website. I’ve just learned how to play John Denver’s Rocky Mountain High. John played an Eric Anderson song called Thirsty Boots which I think your subscribers would love. The song was based on the Civil Rights marches of MLK during the 1960s. It’s a just a beautiful song with great finger picking. As John said “it’s one of the loveliest songs I’ve ever heard.” It would be a great addition in honor of MLK day.

Thanks, Walt

rhollyday

Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:48 am

Hi Neil:

I have always been a huge fan of Eric Schoenberg, having taken some lessons with him and I believe is a greatly under appreciated finger-style guitarist.

His version of THE BOXER is the best I have heard and would make a wonderful lesson.

Link:

Thanks,

Richard Hollyday

TGNeil

Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:45 am

Great version indeed. Eric has been on of the best going back to his Kicking Mule days of the 1970s, a pioneer in the ragtime world. I will look at putting something similar together.

Neil

Chipc3

Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:54 pm

Is there any chance you could give a lesson on the Midnight Oil song “One Country?”

Also, I’d like to learn a few more Gordon Lightfoot songs if possible.

TGNeil

Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:23 pm

I will give a listen to the Midnight Oil tune soon.

And what additional Lightfoot songs would you suggest? I have quite a few I have considered, like I'm Not Supposed To Care, Now And Then, and maybe oldies like Walls and Did She Mention My Name.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic