Welcome To Recommend A Lesson

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
TGNeil

Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:02 pm

Hi Gang,

Now that we are a few weeks into our rebuild I want to make sure everybody continues to take advantage of our Recommend A Lesson feature. Please post anything you like that you think might make a good lesson, even if you think only a small group of members might be interested. There are a few more details in the following video.

Neil

jamesmdowns9

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:53 am

Hey all,
I think Blues Run The Game by: Jackson C Frank, touching on the Bert Jansch and Simon and Garfunkle versions, like you did with clay Pigeons, would be super rad.

Townes Van zandt: Colorado Girl, and touching on the live version he did where he went right into 'Just like Tom Thumbs Blues"- Bob Dylan Cover, great for an open D lesson.

Personally I'd love to see

Townes Van Zandt- Dollar Bill Blues, At MY Window, Mr. Mudd and Mr. Gold,

Blaze Foley- Oval Room, If i could only fly, and just more of blaze in general

Bob Dylan- it's all over now, baby blue (the no direction home backstage video version)

two Gallants- Steady Rollin, Despite what you've been told, Nothing to you, Crow Jane, Waves of Grain,

Some tallest man on earth would be cool, lightning hopkins, Fleet Foxes

Built To Spill- Carry the Zero, would be a great song for folks with a loop a station to jam and solo over, like you did with 'Down by the river'. Plus it would never hurt to put some 90s indy rock on there.

Magnolia Electric Co., Songs:Ohia...?

just some ideas and songs I'd like to perfect myself and i feel have been helpful in learning.
I took about 6 years off of playing because I was uninspired, I recently came back and started following you all here, I've progressed more in five months than I have in the 20 years of playing prior. thank you for that, I appreciate all you do.

Ysela Lujan

Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:09 pm

Hello,
I would love to learn both of these, preferably in a female key I could sing easier. I love the strumming pattern that Richard Marx uses. I love the accents on the individual notes that Dan Fogelberg uses and would love to learn both techniques. Thank you, Ysela

1: Richard Marx-HAZARD

2:Dan Fogelberg- CROW

Pelatonrider

Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:12 pm

Would love to see a lesson on ‘Old Mac Bladgitt’ by John Renbourn. Such a beautiful song, and I am sure a very challenging piece.

markthistlewood

Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:15 am

Hi Neil and the team

As a COVID-thwarted orchestral double bass player turning back to my guitar days I am really loving your site (especially that you take the time to write some songs out in manuscript!). Please can you put up a lesson on Coldplay's 'Til Kingdom Come' - interesting tuning, and to me it's like a modern folk tune. Thanks again for all your hard work. Mark

markthistlewood

Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:42 pm

Hi Neil and the team

Thanks for posting lessons on Til Kingdom Come by Coldplay. I've got to grips with it today thanks to Vanessa! And we have a C squeezebox to play in the chorus too!

Can I request 'Wine and Honey' by Joan Shelley? It's a sweet song with some lovely picking (she performs with a second guitarist) and I'd love to get to grips with some of the licks above the basic chord patterns. Many thanks, Mark (Dorset, UK)

rrtalbot123

Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Hi Totally Guitars Team,

Really enjoy the lessons. I've chosen a few,and plan on a few others.

I do have a few recommendations for future lessons:

Jethro Tull - Sossity: You're a Woman, One Brown Mouse, Jack-in-the-Green, Jack-A-Lynn, Jack Frost and the hooded crow, and Pussy Willow

Porcupine Tree - The Sound of Muzak, Buying New Soul (acoustic version), Last Chance to Evacuate Planet Earth before it is Recycled

Al Stewart - Life in Dark Water, Night Train to Munich, Joe the Georgian, Lord Grenville, Carol, Apple Cider Reconstitution, The Dark and the Rolling Sea, Genie on a Table Top, Last Day of the Century, Fields of France,

Nazareth - Please Don't Judas Me

I would really appreciate any of these lessons you can assist with.

Thank You

lnbressler

Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi Everyone:

I have been trying to learn how to play Firedance from the Riverdance performance for some time. I've made some progress in learning how to play, but I need help.

I love that piece, and hope that enough people are interested in order to convince Neil to create a lesson.

Thank you!

Larry B.
Boston, MA

robins_roland

Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:25 pm

Dan Fogelberg's Make Love Stay would be a cool little tune. - for me it looks to be all about "touch".
Appears to be in Drop D.

Thanks

Hot Frog

Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:10 pm

Hi Neil

I like the structure of your lessons and that the videos are short. Also like your style, easy to understand.

“Stranger on the Shore”

I can’t find the tab anywhere but I want to play this beautiful song by Acker Bilk. “Stranger on the Shore.”

3 songs by Billy Joel. “Leave a Tender Moment Alone”.....“Keepin the Faith”.....”Just the Way You Are”

I love Billy Joel’s talent. I want to translate his songs from piano to guitar. The harmonica in “Leave a Tender Moment Alone” is just so perfect in this tune.

Hope you can do these, Thanks in advance.

Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic