Dun Ringill - Jethro Tull

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
chuckv

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:10 pm

This song, like so many of Ian Anderson's acoustic guitar songs, has a unique sound to it. To me, it sounds quite repetitive, yet the timing seems to be the real trick to get right. Well, of course there is also the crazy speed, but hopefully that would come with practice.

I've messed around with trying to play this based on some tabs, but I could really use a lesson to help get it sounding right.

Thanks for your consideration.

- Chuck

srambaud

Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:25 am

Hello,
I totally support this recommendation. As Chuck says Ian Anderson's acoustic songs are very interesting and sometimes challenging too.
Another one is Summerday's Sands, but this is less known.
Regards,
S

tgjameela

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:49 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for this request!

The lesson for this song is now available on the site, click here to check out the forum post for more details.

We hope to see student reviews of you working on it in the near future!

Enjoy!

chuckv

Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:31 pm

tgjameela wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:49 pm
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for this request!

The lesson for this song is now available on the site, click here to check out the forum post for more details.

We hope to see student reviews of you working on it in the near future!

Enjoy!
Thank you very much!

- Chuck

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic