Peter Frampton - Lines On My Face

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
kannarummo

Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:43 am

I've revisited Frampton over the past few months. Once you get past the pretty-boy looks of the '70's, and I hope we all have, his guitar work was fantastic. His acoustic renditions of many of his great songs are nicely done.

Lines On My Face is very emotional.

sandysue

Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:16 am

Love the guitar playing :)

Sandy

Craig

Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:35 pm

I've also seen "Baby I Love Your Way" and "Show me the Way" which I think were from this same session. I really like both of those as well!

I love those rockin' songs from the 70's and 80's scaled down to an acoustic version by the original artist. I find it very cool for some reason.

Craig

kannarummo

Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:44 pm

Yes, Clapton Unplugged opened up a new world to appreciate for me. I prefer most of my old rockers on acoustic now.

Here is the 17 minute mini-concert by Frampton

pjroberts

Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:09 pm

Craig wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:35 pm
I've also seen "Baby I Love Your Way" and "Show me the Way" which I think were from this same session. I really like both of those as well!

I love those rockin' songs from the 70's and 80's scaled down to an acoustic version by the original artist. I find it very cool for some reason.

Craig
The two songs almost seem like they derived from the same jam thread with those sweeping strumming progression intros. Both are primarily acoustic rhythm with their opening introductions laying foundation for some soulful lead electric. The Show Me the Way solo is pretty easy on acoustic. Another one that could benefit from looper (my other lesson request). I'll bet TG folks into classic rock would love any of these.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic