Lesser known artists

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
Ysela Lujan

Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:12 pm

If you are still looking for lesser known artists that are female there are a few I listen to regularly.

Jorja Smith. She’s R&B with some jazz. She has a great acoustic version of “On my Mind”. But she has other hits.

Caro Emerald. She’s kind of electro jazz? But she has a great acoustic album of her hits.

Sunny Sweeney. Straight up twangy country.

Halsey. She’s is probably the most well known but is different than what is offered on TG. She has a couple of great acoustic songs most notably “Finally/Beautiful stranger”.

Just a few female artists to consider…………..☺️

Ysela Lujan

Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:29 pm

Oh and I forgot Rhiannon Giddens

TGNeil

Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:40 pm

Hey Ysela,

You can add YouTube links to Forum posts, which would be really helpful to get the word out about artists. Just paste the YT URL into your text. No need to mess with the embed buttons. I just added one to your original post as an example.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic