Wondering Where the Lions Are

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
davesnothere

Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:48 pm

The site lacks any Bruce Cockburn songs and this is probably his best known. Bruce is widely considered one of the world's best guitarists and has written lots of great songs. This one is a fairly challenging fingerpicking one.

TGNeil

Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:14 pm

Great idea, only 3 chords and a totally manageable fingerpicking pattern. I will see what I can do, as I have had him on my list for years but other things just jumped the line too often.

Neil

Smit0009

Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:52 am

Yes!!!!! Just saw in concert in Chicago. A great guitar player and artist. So many great songs of his I would love to see lessons: Pacing the cage, Closer to the Light. I've been working on Lord of the Starfields for years!!! Sunrise on the Mississippi or Train in Rain are one of my ultimate guitar goals.

mbellefeuille

Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:55 am

Thanks a bunch for this new lesson, from a great artist and poet!
Looking forward to a few more of his, such as Pacing the Cage, or Burn....
--MB

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic