Song requests

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
PaulC

Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:17 am

Briefly scanning this forum and I see tons of requests for everything. I'll add mine here. Could you consider adding more Jorma, specifically...Mann's Fate, Light of this World, Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burning, Trial By Fire. And Ry Cooder...FDR in Trinidad, Great Dreams from Heaven, for starters. Thanks! Love the site.

TGNeil

Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:40 pm

Hey Paul,

Thanks for weighing in with your thoughts and suggestions. I have been promising I Am The Light for quite a long time and it is under construction at the moment. I like your other requests as well and will see what I can do. Mann's Fate presents some problems because there is a lot of improvisation involved but I can see myself getting to the main parts as a start. That and Keep Your Lamps are ones I play regularly so that may come up as well.
And I have no excuse for not getting to Ry Cooder yet so I will keep his tunes closer to the pile soon.

Neil

PaulC

Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:48 pm

Hey, Neil, thanks and let me know and I'll buy the lessons. I can play Mann's Fate and it does have some strange changes that make it almost seem like two different songs. I love this genre and am planning to purchase Water Song soon after I get through some other songs.

PaulC

Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:52 pm

Actually it's Trial By Fire that has odd changes but I love it anyway.

PaulC

Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:53 pm

This guy is good...

PaulC

Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:54 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic