Lesson Request/Recommendations

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
Joshy

Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:12 am

Hey all,
Acoustic guitar enthusiast here,

I've seen some great requests throughout this forum and thought i might add a few of my own.

I would love to see more Sixto Rodriguez songs as i am a huge fan of his work.
Specifically I'd recommend his songs "street boy", "hate street dialogue", "i think of you", "this is not a song, its an outburst: or, the establishment blues" and last but not least my favorite song by him "To Whom It May Concern"

Lots can be learnt from Rodriguez's style of playing which is why I think a few more lessons of his songs would be great.

Some more ideas include,
"Band on the run" by Wings, "Two for the show" by Trooper, "And it stoned me" by Van Morrison, "Rain" by The Beatles and "Lady Madonna" also by The Beatles.

Some great songs with funky tunes and plenty to learn.

Thanks for reading

Kindly, Joshy :)