Why Worry by Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
etwilkinson

Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:01 pm

Any chance you folks could do a lesson on Why Worry, by Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler. I think many of your members here would enjoy it. I know I would. The lessons I have found on line haven't been overwhelmingly helpful for me. I think it is likely in the intermediate zone.

Regards,

Elizabeth

PS I have really enjoyed being a member of this site! So glad you folks are here.

TGNeil

Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:39 pm

Great song, needless to say. Would you like to see it the way it was done on Brothers In Arms, or later live versions, or an instrumental similar to what our friend Muriel Anderson has done with it? And of course, there are multiple guitars when Mark plays it.

Neil

wccollett

Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:12 pm

Another version: Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris live from All the Roadrunning tour. Fingerpicking guitar parts for both.

dtaylor

Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:38 pm

Here's a nice simple arrangement, (none the worse for that), it has almost a lullaby simplicity. It's in dropped D, I did a transcription for it in Guitar Pro if anyone's interested.

TGNeil

Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:02 pm

Hey Dean,

Great to hear from you and I would love your gp file. I am looking at a lesson on this but up in the air on the approach. It could be anywhere from Muriel's to Emmy Lou's at this point.

Neil

P.S. You should still have my email somewhere...?

dtaylor

Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:44 am

Hi Neil,
the tab should be in your inbox; hope it helps.
This should be a really popular lesson, looking forward to it.

All the best,
Dean

etwilkinson

Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:25 pm

Responding to the reply on March 22, my favorite version of Why Worry is from the live performance by Mark, where he starts out saying when he first recorded it he did it in the wrong key. If there could be a lesson with an arrangement along those lines, that would be awesome. Thanks. Regards, Elizabeth

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic