Bud and Travis

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
Layne

Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:11 pm

I have looked everywhere, without success so far, for someone who could teach me how to play any or all of the songs recorded by Bud Dashiell and Travis Edmonson who recorded under the name Bud and Travis. A seemingly highly under appreciated group, but fabulous guitarists and singers. Their time together was fairly short lived and occasionally acrimonious, but they made truly remarkable music together. The duo hailed from the San Francisco area, as Bud and Travis. Bud Dashiell was born in Paris France, and played with the Kinsmen prior to hooking up with Travis Edmonson, who was born in Long Beach, CA, and played with the Gateway Singers. Bud and Travis split up in 1965. My favorite song is Rayito de Luna, but any would be great.

Thank you in advance for looking into this!