Bruce Cockburn - Lovers In A Dangerous Time

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Fri May 13, 2022 2:19 pm

Hey Gang,
Continuing with the Bruce Cockburn theme, we have Lovers In A Dangerous Time.

Bruce Cockburn's 1984 album Stealing Fire included two of his most popular songs, Lovers In A Dangerous Time and If I Had A Rocket Launcher (which we will get a lesson on soon). Lovers In A Dangerous Time was covered in 1991 by The Barenaked Ladies and helped launch their career as well.

Bruce's guitar style includes quite an assortment of accompaniment techniques, many of which are quite challenging. This tune is no exception and will certainly expand most guitar students capabilities.

Lovers In A Dangerous Time is played in standard tuning and only uses a couple chord shapes, mostly power chords and octaves with a string muted in between. The right hand has the thumb brushing down across two or three strings at a time while the index and middle fingers sometimes grab two strings together and sometimes are part of a 3-note banjo type roll.

Smit0009

Sat May 14, 2022 12:32 pm

What a terrific lesson! I'll take all the Bruce I can get. Been struggling with this solo for almost a year, but this has really helped! Some day I hope to take on Train in the Rain.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic