Why No Higher Quality Videos?

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
1robekert

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:22 am

Seems like all of the newer offerings lack the Higher Quality Stereo Video. Only the "Normal" quality video is available. I like the higher resolution of the High Quality video. I have this big monitor..........I would like to see Neil in all of his high quality splendor :side:
Rob

map4242

Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:16 pm

Me too, but I haven't said anything.

I've been assuming the high resolution videos were waiting for the migration to this new server and would be showing up as they got time to do them.

I imagine they've been pretty busy.

Mark

TGJIM

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi Guys,

We have been working on a new formula for this. The video encoding is pretty complicated and it is taking a little time. Our old system of doing this broke when software updates came out and it is not a possibility to roll back. The team has been testing insane amazing quality of video but the problem is striking the balance between amazing clarity, file size, and ability to stream through broadband. It takes a long time to encode a video for each test we are doing as well.

We are very close though so please hang in there.

Thanks,
Big Jim

BigBear

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:02 pm

map4242 wrote:

I've been assuming the high resolution videos were waiting for the migration to this new server and would be showing up as they got time to do them.

Mark
It could be that many members have trouble with the high bitrate. Do you remember the uproar when they posted only high quality video at first? :cheer:

BigBear

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:12 pm

Were working on it guys..

map4242

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:39 pm

BigBear wrote:
map4242 wrote:

Mark
It could be that many members have trouble with the high bitrate. Do you remember the uproar when they posted only high quality video at first? :cheer:
Yes, I experimented on four computers before I figured out what I needed to do. But I prefer the hi res.

Nice tux, by the way.

MArk

1robekert

Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Thanks for the reply Matt & Big Jim.
Rob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic