Leonard Cohen Hallelujah

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
webtvdan

Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:19 pm

I thought the “Mrs. Lincoln” remark was humorous also. Had perused the forums and decided this was a friendly place for discussion before posting my criticism of the Hallelujah lesson.

When I used the word “tab” – was speaking generically of music notation. Would have been just as happy with sheet music – proficient with both. I’m classically trained – just haven’t played in 30+ years. Started up again last February. Amazed with what’s available on the internet – chose to subscribe to this site for its thorough videos and matching lesson notation.

Speaking of classical – Neil didn’t do a play through of Romanza (I learned it as “Romance” in a book by Frederick M. Noad as a kid) and then suggest we figure it out for ourselves. The piece has many variations or recipes and we could just learn to cook for ourselves.

Lessons on creating solos with chords and melodies should be separated from the section “Songs & Artists” and lesson “Play Through” should match the tab (or lesson notation).

If Neil is going to teach how to create solos from melodies and chords – the lesson should be labeled as such – and more importantly the songs sheet music with melody should be provided.

Pretty difficult to cook a Crème Brûlée when the ingredient list is not included.
I’m getting tired of the cooking metaphors – so I’ll end it here.
;)

cosmicmechanic

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:49 am

Wow, this thread seems to bring out a lot of emotional response,
I'm so enthralled with playing this song myself since Neil brought it up ...

I've looked up a number of interpretations, many of them "corny",
here is one that is worthy of interest, because ofn different voices together and alone, so it's a comparison of styles "in a nutshell".

AndyT

Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:24 am

How you doing Dan? Nice of you to join out little swarre'. LOL
Yes, many of us have expressed dissatisfaction with the way some things are listed and labeled here. It is our understanding that Matt and the rest of the team are currently re-designing the site again to take all of this into account and have a much cleaner, simpler interface for the users.

Check the 'perfect site' thread to drop your suggestions in, just be sure not to have your mixer set too high as we do not want batter all over the place.

Chasplaya

Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:21 am

Hi webtvdan,

The beauty of this site is its a living site, by that I mean the guys who own/run it actually really listen to us and its evolving all the time always for the better. Apart from the great tuition and camraderie the way the site constantly improves is what impresses me. Stick with it man and cook up a storm with the music.

Oh and welcome to TG, if you haven't all ready go over to the Please Introduce yourself here thread and do just that, most of us have and its painless and can be fun to read about some of the retrobates here lol

willem

Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Hello everybody,i was inspirated bij Chas his video,but i never workt with windows movie maker so today i find out there a little and make a try video and this is what's coming out of it, maybe i make a new one to fit in the competition and win a flip!!

Yamaha48

Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:53 pm

hello Willem.

A good try man.
Have you a special program for making this?

Greetz Anton

willem

Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:57 pm

yamaha48 wrote:
hello Willem.

A good try man.
Have you a special program for making this?

Greetz Anton
HET VIDEO''OTJE IS GEMAAKT MET WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER, ERG INTERESANT,IK HEB GEWOON EEN MIDI AFGESPEELD OP DE COMPUTER EN OPGENOMEN MET EEN EENVOUDIG DIG CAMERA, NU NAAR HET PROFFESIONELE WERK, HET KOST WEL ALLEMAAL TIJD MAN, MAAR LEUK....GROETEN WILLEM

Chasplaya

Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:08 pm

HI Willem good effort man. Isn't it surprising how much has to go into making such short clips. Windows Movie maker is quite cool and I guess we are but scratching the surface of its capabilities. I wonder what the professionals use?

willem

Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:16 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
HI Willem good effort man. Isn't it surprising how much has to go into making such short clips. Windows Movie maker is quite cool and I guess we are but scratching the surface of its capabilities. I wonder what the professionals use?
Great simpel programma,but it is you'r own creatifity to make a nice simpel(funny) video,i had one problem and don''t know how to explane it to you,there was something with the codec with a download vid from you tube, i could'nt use it( a pity), but i keep trying when there is time..cheeeeeeeeesseeeee

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic