Leonard Cohen Hallelujah

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGJIM

Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:36 pm

We just posted Leonard Cohen Hallelujah in TARGET, the PDF attachment is not up yet but Neil who is in Hawaii should get an attachment up within 24 hours. TARGET Members if you are logged in you can go direct by clicking here.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... lujah#song

[video type=youtube]7jPYRmz_FM0[/video]

wrench

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Attachments are done-

1. Chord Chart & Lyrics
2. Standard Arrangement (TAB)
3. Jeff Buckley's Arrangement (TAB)
4. Kate Voegele's Arrangement (TAB)

Have fun...

Neil

sl83

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:07 pm

Nice job :)

unclewalt

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:15 pm

Lavallee

Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:25 pm

I am with you unclewalt. This is another great lesson, with a lot of work into.However it kinds of leave a bit of frustration not to be able to focus on the play through that sounds so good. It has been the same for some other songs (Rhiannon,wish you were here). Yesterday was perfect for that. It showed the strumming or simpler arpeggio and the voicing section was there with the tabs. I hope you guys will consider this request and add the section with the voices or at least the tabs.

Respectfully
Marc

haoli25

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:56 pm

Fantastic job Neil. Thank you.

Bill

Chasplaya

Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:07 pm

Great job Neil, I've only looked at the playthrough and the behind the scenes vids so far and the TABS,never having played this before, I've almost nailed it with such a brief insight. So with the other lesson parts that will top it off. As for writing a TAB for the play through I don't think people realise just how difficult that it is. I like the format with what you teach as you can use the playthrough as a basis for your own improvisation on the main theme. Ability to improvise only comes with enhanced knowledge and experience and lots of patience and practice

unclewalt

Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:12 pm

Chasplaya

Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:21 pm

Tabbing an improvised take of a song is way too time consuming and the benefits are counter-productive. I will try not to do any more play throughs that are not tabbed.

Chasplaya

Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Classical gas is actually not as hard to TAB as it can be done in one voice, I'm not talking about playing difficulty, I have tabbed things i can't always play.

However, when Neil combines Rythym with melody thats two voices on the staff. I've tried to TAB some of Neils work and its very difficult, even for Neil who probably doesn't play everything exactly the same when he's improvising would have difficulty in tabbing his own playing. Sometimes in improvisations there are a lot of ghost notes and they are at times hard to pick out. NOt saying it can't be done but it would take a long time to get a close simile of whats played.

I think the demo of the play through shows and leaves us something to aspire to.

I believe Neil wants people to be capable of eventually doing their own thing not to be carbon copies of him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic