Behind the scenes videos, do we want more of them?

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
heyjoe

Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:23 pm

Hello

In Neil's video of Hallelujah, he has done a behind the scenes video, saying that if we want more of them, he'll do them.

So, how about we post here to let Neil know that we'd like more behind the scenes please.

Watching Neil working the songs out has given me more insight into how to incorporate melodies and chords together, which is exactly what I was looing for.

Thanks Neil, more please!:laugh:

Thanks

Joe

Music Junkie

Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Ditto!:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Chasplaya

Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi ,

Yep I really liked the behind the scenes vids, it helps to show various versions and different takes on songs and how Neil arrives at what is taught. It can also help explain why some tabs aren't carbon copies of what is played. For those that want accurate tabs only and don't wish to expand there are other sites specifically for that. I've said it before I believe Neil is trying to get us to play and think a little and become individual players not carbon copies of him or other guitarists. I think including the behind the scenes shots encourages that. They need to keep coming maybe not for every song but selected ones from time to time.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:42 pm

Yeah, behind the scene definitely helps understanding how the song is thought through and adds more depth to the learning. Good idea!

unclewalt

Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:17 pm

mark

Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:21 am

I think these videos are very interesting.
It's obviously a very difficult skill to teach, but I'm sure each time we watch Neil do it, we can gleam something from it.

Maybe as a compromise between no tab and fully tabbing out the arrangement, Neil could tab out the melody line for us. This would be the basis of any improvised arrangement.

I find it very difficult (if not impossible) to work out a melody line. I'm sure many others will find it difficult as well. If this was provided, we could at least have a go at doing an arrangement ourselves.

Of course Neil could also do some lessons on how to work out melody lines and guitar parts.

AndyT

Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:26 am

I have a feeling the melody line is going to match up with whatever scale the song is using and part of what Neil wants is for us to figure it out based on that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic