Another one- 'Imagine' by Me!

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
AcousticAl

Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:32 pm

Hmmm.

Post #199...

Wonder what happens at 200..

Chas? Do I get to wear the 'waterbuffalo hat' at 200??

goldleaf

Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:53 pm

Al, thanks, now that you showed my that clip I do remember seeing a flip video camera that seemed to be developed to transfer easily to utube and it was quite inexpensive. I will see if it allows for audio quality. If you respond that will be 200, we'll see if you explode or turn from gold to platnum or whatever. Thanks excellent info. Gary

AndyT

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Only Chas should wear the water buffalo hat. I hear it has unpredictable stomach cramps... Not something you want on your head. Especially if its not potty trained.

AcousticAl

Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:12 pm

200 came and went.

No fanfare. No waterbuffalo hat. Nuttin'.

Still just me, my guitar & my callouses.. and that's fine with me!

B)

mark

Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:01 am

Hi AcousticAl

Nice Job.
I think for the difficult chord changes it's best to slow right down and try and get the changes smooth and in time. Then gradually speed them up over time.
I think Imagine would sound good played at three quarters speed or even half speed.

The other thing you could do is practice the problem areas seperately. So identify a difficult chord change and then practice this change over and over again (rather than going through the whole song). You could play the bar before the chord change and the bar after and then just loop round and round. By doing that you will practising your weak spots rather than the bits you can play well.

For shooting videos, I have just bought a Pansonic SDR-S26. See my version of yesterday in the community/videos. I recorded this with the cameras microphone and no additional lighting. While the quality isn't great I think it is good enough for these types of videos.

Chasplaya

Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:17 am

AcousticAl wrote:
200 came and went.

B)
Well done on coming almost of age here at TG, sorry no hat just yet, you have to go through the initiation of being a muppet first, although you could be excused seeing as how you pioneered the upload a vid thing and go straight to becoming Barney Rubble.

Chasplaya

Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:20 am

AndyT wrote:
Only Chas should wear the water buffalo hat. I hear it has unpredictable stomach cramps... Not something you want on your head. Especially if its not potty trained.
ONly highly trained personnell are permitted to wear such elaborate headgear, you know those who are adept at ducking the defecation after it has struck the rotary oscillator and have the intestinal fortitude to associate with hawaiians and bears....

heyjoe

Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:42 am

Hi Al

Another good one from you. You are right, the waters are fine, I may have to dip my toes in again with something else.

I've seen your posts about how you get your videos to here, very informative, thanks for providing the info.

Thanks

Joe

AcousticAl

Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:15 am

mark wrote:
Hi AcousticAl

Nice Job.
I think for the difficult chord changes it's best to slow right down and try and get the changes smooth and in time. Then gradually speed them up over time.
I think Imagine would sound good played at three quarters speed or even half speed.

The other thing you could do is practice the problem areas seperately. So identify a difficult chord change and then practice this change over and over again (rather than going through the whole song). You could play the bar before the chord change and the bar after and then just loop round and round. By doing that you will practising your weak spots rather than the bits you can play well.

For shooting videos, I have just bought a Pansonic SDR-S26. See my version of yesterday in the community/videos. I recorded this with the cameras microphone and no additional lighting. While the quality isn't great I think it is good enough for these types of videos.
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the tips.
I did see your video and think it's great (both the production and your playing). It looks like you just used available sunlight- which is also great. As for an external mic- that's not necessary- it looks like you've got the camera pretty close to the guitar. I use one because I have it lying around. A lot will depend on what kind of camera you have too. People need to experiment to try to get the best image and sound with what they have at their disposal-- and try not to blow the bank..

AcousticAl

Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:45 am

Chasplaya wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:
200 came and went.

B)
Well done on coming almost of age here at TG, sorry no hat just yet, you have to go through the initiation of being a muppet first, although you could be excused seeing as how you pioneered the upload a vid thing and go straight to becoming Barney Rubble.
Heavy is the head that wears the crown, Chas...

;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic