Back to the Moody Blues

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
daryl

Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi Gang,

Today we are rolling out a very special song in the history of contemporary music, Nights In White Satin, by Justin Hayward and the Moody Blues. I am going to avoid waxing on and on about it but nobody from my generation can not say that this was a big deal in their lives.

As far as a guitar song, it is pretty simple, more of a campfire song, although I think you would be down to embers by the time would play this. It is a good song for beginners, but just a great tune to practice your timing and chord changes to. The appearance of the F chord makes it a little more than a Level 1 song, but playing it with feeling and emotion can really push the envelope.

It is up now for our TARGET members under the Moody Blues. I hope you enjoy playing Nights In White Satin.

Neil

BigBear

Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:43 pm

Neil- A great, classic song!! Thank you! Please look for more Moody Blues to do TARGET Shorts on. Question, Story, Wildest Dreams, there are so many to choose from! :cheer:

mark

Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:01 am

yes a great song.

Maybe this song would be a good example to used in the learning to improvise arrangements.
The chords are simple and the melody is great and very recognisable.

mwortman

Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi Neil,

Awesome lesson on this song, I love your Acoustic version. Your Guitar is so sweet sounding.

Marty

Chasplaya

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:04 pm

Great song great lesson as always. For those that want the solo, yeah its on a flute but here is a dude using a Roland Gt6 guitar synthesizer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic