Campfire songs are OK but.........................

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
68camaro

Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:37 pm

I would like to see Neil step up the lessons a level. All I've done all
my life is strum campfire songs.
Maybe this level could be called "Open Mic at the local pub songs".
These songs would be at least somewhat improvised for the Wow factor.
I would be happy with just one of these songs a month.
One song that might work out would be Linda Ronstadts (higher key than Roy O)
"Blue Bayou". Simple 2 or 3 note bass line, recoqnizable melody with a slow
tempo. I've tried to do it myself, but since I dont read music it takes me forever
to determine what the note is and then transfer the note to the guitar.

PS: I would also be happy enough just having Neil walking thru his version
of Madman across the water. ( No tab needed)

AndyT

Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:23 am

I love the way Neil plays Madman. I've always loved this song. I would really love to be able to play it, but it is a bit past me right now.

Do you know about this one?
http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -the-water

68camaro

Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:40 am

Oh yes, I know about his version of Madman. I've been asking
all the time if he would give a detailed lesson on it. In my opinion
it is the best song he has done on this entire site. I've also picked up a few of the parts but thats it.

In addition, In one of Neil's campfire lessons he played the first couple
of chords to Layla. It would be great if he let the "Big Dog Out" and
made a detailed lesson including lead riff of Claptons MTV unplugged
version of Layla. I know that would keep me busy for a couple of months and I would be
a very happy camper.

willem

Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:51 am

68camaro wrote:
Oh yes, I know about his version of Madman. I've been asking
all the time if he would give a detailed lesson on it. In my opinion
it is the best song he has done on this entire site. I've also picked up a few of the parts but thats it.

In addition, In one of Neil's campfire lessons he played the first couple
of chords to Layla. It would be great if he let the "Big Dog Out" and
made a detailed lesson including lead riff of Claptons MTV unplugged
version of Layla. I know that would keep me busy for a couple of months and I would be
a very happy camper.
I think its all coming when we are patiens......and we are ready for the level

tombo1230

Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:37 pm

AndyT wrote:
I love the way Neil plays Madman. I've always loved this song. I would really love to be able to play it, but it is a bit past me right now.

Do you know about this one?
http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -the-water
I too love Madman across the water. I often watch the play through just to hear it again. Right now its past me to but its something for me to shoot for.

Mike

bcra19

Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:05 pm

I wish the campfire songs were boring to me as well, this would mean that I'm much better than I am, but for me the campfire songs are really appreciated. I just purchased my first guitar this year. The campfire songs are great for someone like myself. Neil is an awesome guitarist and I appreciate that he don't forget his humble beginnings. I know it would be very easy for him to do so. I hope some day I can look back and find this material as easy as it sounds... When I see and hear Neil play something like Madman Accross the Water I am truly in awe. Very appreciative but somewhat frustrated at the same time. Guitar is a lot like golf, it looks easier than it is for me...

BigBear

Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:11 pm

bcra19 wrote:
I wish the campfire songs were boring to me as well, this would mean that I'm much better than I am, but for me the campfire songs are really appreciated. I just purchased my first guitar this year. The campfire songs are great for someone like myself. Neil is an awesome guitarist and I appreciate that he don't forget his humble beginnings. I know it would be very easy for him to do so. I hope some day I can look back and find this material as easy as it sounds... When I see and hear Neil play something like Madman Accross the Water I am truly in awe. Very appreciative but somewhat frustrated at the same time. Guitar is a lot like golf, it looks easier than it is for me...

Hey, your first post! Welcome to the party! We're glad to have you with us! If you would, could we ask you go over the Please Introduce Yourslef thread and tell us a little about yourself? Where you live, what your music tastes are, where you are on your guitar learning journey. It's painless!

There's lots of great stuff here to learn the guitar. Let us know how we can help you!

Cheers! :cheer:

AndyT

Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:44 am

bcra,

Someday we will play it without so much as a thought. We just have to keep practicing.

Bear,

Matts dislexia rubbing off on 'yourslef'?

1robekert

Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:24 am

bcra19 wrote:
Likewise ;)

BigBear

Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 pm

AndyT wrote:
bcra,

Someday we will play it without so much as a thought. We just have to keep practicing.

Bear,

Matts dislexia rubbing off on 'yourslef'?

Didn't you get the memo? TARGET has a new spelling amnesty program. It was instituted by some guy named TGMATT or something!! Dude keeps talking about German cars on a guitar site! :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic