The last 10 Target only access songs added.....

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
heyjoe

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:44 am

Hi Al

Its strange but for a while I'd been sick of playing my electric, in that I was looking for more. I have a multi effects unit, and to be honest, I was bored with it. The guitar and amp can get all the sounds I need..basically I want a stevie ray vaughan set up- so some 13 guage strings on the guitar, and I can get close.

But I've known for a while that I've been looking for something else, blues has been a passion for a while, but I've been looking for inspiration, and seeing people like Tommy Emmanuel live made me realise what it was. I've always had acoustic guitars, but I've never really sat down and played them for a concerted period of time.

Now that I have, and I know I want to ne able to play fingerstyle guitar to a decent level, the electrics seem surplus to my needs. It's not a decision I'll make lightly if I do sell them, I've had the guitar for over 15 years and they are hard to find- as for the amplifier, I've seen 1 on the TV, and never seen another one in person, its rare, and worth a bit apparently, so I'm not sure if I should keep them or not.

I suppose I have the best of both worlds, an acoustic I love, and an electric set-up that will give me the sounds I want when I go back to it.

Joe

NKenny

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:13 am

When a new lesson comes out I always look at, Its kind of like Christmas morning excitement.

Then I try to take a stab at it. Yes I have discovered new music and revisited old tunes, that I haven't heard in a while.

Tips ,I just try to start slow and follow what Neil teaches. I have improved,even if it is a little it is the right direction.

I haven't bought a uke, but love Michelle, she is such a sweet lady with a beautiful smile. Got to be happy when she sings.

All in all I think the Target program and every one at the site is doing fantastic work.

Kenny

BobR

Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:37 pm

I am always looking for something new. The campfire songs make my practices sound pretty good(At least I think so). I still very much enjoy songs from the complete lessons. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Bob

BigBear

Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:58 pm

The Campfire songs are always fun but pretty easy; don't learn much there. My hands are just too big for a Uke but I love the sound! Still waiting for Keola and some slack key! Had a blast with Story in Your Eyes.

There are currently so many songs in TARGET that I want to get to that I may need to investigate reincarnation as a possible career path!! One to two hours per day is just not enough.

Mark did such a great version of Windy and Warm (see his thread if you want to see what a real guitarist looks like!) and I've been playing around with that and Classical Gas. Now Mark has me motivated to get serious with WAW (I don't know whether to kiss you or slug you!! LOL! Thanks buddy, I need another obsession)!

I've also been working on Still You Turn Me On, Is There Anybody Out There and If You Could Read My Mind (not a TARGET song so don't get excited! Yes, I'm cheating on the program! I just love the song!). And I finally have the picking patterns down for Scarborough Fair.

So bottom line, I haven't done much with the last 10 songs and probably won't. But I'm having fun so that's all that matters to me! Cheers! :cheer:

frybaby

Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:22 pm

KISS Keep it Simple Stupid. I once went to the store to buy some cookies. There were so many brands, packages, types sizes, spent so long looking I felt overwhelmed and confused, I left the store and bought some cupcakes at the CONVENIENCE store.I think they call it flooding the zone.
As I learned in Art Class once upon a time. One of the hardes things a artest (web designer) need to know is when to stop drawing.

karl01

Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:59 pm

I am working on most of the campfire songs. I aways watch the new lessons then decide which songs to work on. Currently I am stuck on Fleetwood Mac's Never going back again and Kansas Dust in wind. I like the top 10 menu and keep looking for new songs to work on.

Karl

mark

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:31 am

I haven't done a great deal with the last 10 songs but I have been working on Yellow Submarine and story in her eyes.

I hope to get to born on the bayou and Evil Ways.

I've mainly been busy on Classical Gas and trying to improve the quality of what I already play.

lmc831

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:10 am

I've been working on Romanza; Is Anybody Out There; Dust in the Wind. When I need a break from fingerpicking songs, I practice on some of the campfire songs and strumming patterns. I would like to see a few more classical pieces from Neil. My next song to learn is Classical Gas. I look forward to see what new music Neil puts out everyweek. I have not had a desire to buy a Uke...have one too many guitars, but I have seen Michelle's video and enjoyed it. I have to remind myself that when i learn anything new to practice slow and have seen a great improvement in my guitar playing since I've signed up on Neil's guitar site.

Lisa

musicdoc522

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:09 pm

I havent touched the last ten. That is because I am working on several Target songs and a few non Target songs. I am currently working on Ripple, Dust IN the Wind, Margaritaville (great addition and not hard at all), Who'll Stop the Rain. NOn Target, I am working on Vincent. In addition, thanks to the forum, I am practicing with the metronome. Of the ten latest, I am definitley interested in learning I'm YOurs and Old Man. There is so much to get to, but I need to spend time perfecting the ones I am working on now.

thanks for all the great lessons and this wonderful forum.

Ed

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic