The last 10 Target only access songs added.....

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:41 pm

Want some feedback all..the music we have been adding weekly between 2 and 3 songs every week to the Target program, has been a little buried recently...Below is the list...we have a bunch of cool stuff coming weekly between 2 and 3 lessons a week , so what Id like to know is ..

1- Has anyone started trying any of these tunes..??
2- How have you been doing ?
3- Discovered any new music as a result ??
4- Maybe rediscovered ?
5- Any tips to share ?
6- any improvements ?
7- anyone rushed out and bought a UKE ??

These are Target only eyes songs..so the campfire songs here dont get shared either..(in case their was any confusion they are unique to target)

Cheers all

Evil Ways - TARGET Campfire - Sept 28, 09
I'm Yours - TARGET Short - Sep 15, 09
Dream A Little Dream Of Me - Sep 23, 09
Born On The Bayou - TARGET Campfire - Sep 21, 09
Pearly Shells - TARGET Short - Sep 17, 09
Leaving On A Jet Plane - Campfire Version - Sep 17, 09
Hey Joe - Campfire Version - Sep 16, 09
Sister Golden Hair - TARGET Short - Sep 4, 09
Yellow Submarine - TARGET Short - Aug 31, 09
Ukulele Lesson - Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World - Aug 26, 09

jfletchey

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:14 pm

I have been working on "I'm Yours" and "Leaving On a Jet Plane". I am very pleased with the Campfire series and the "jazzy" tone of several of the newer songs ( Sweet Melissa, The Story In Your Eyes, Leaving On A Jet Plane). These songs have lured me back into the TARGET program after a one month exodus. I also truly appreciate the return to a musical focus in the forum.

Chasplaya

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:21 pm

Every time new song comes out I try it, but then go back to working my way through large list going up the difficulty levels.

Rediscovering some oldie but goodies. And nope to the Uke.

mcfingers

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:42 pm

I joined the Target Program back on May 5th. I have been playing guitar since I was 16. I am 59 now. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Target lessons. I never learned music theory, I am self taught and pick up new songs by ear, so I have really been interested in the complete lessons. I don't understand everything that Neil goes over (theroy wise) but I am slowly picking up things here and there.
I have had a blast with the Moody Blues songs as they are one of my favorite groups. I know all the Moody's music but have never learned any of their songs. With all the orchestration in there arrangements I didn't think I could. Neil showed me the way and I thank him.
Even though I know many of the songs Neil presents in his other lessons. I always, ALWAYS learn something new or I am able to refine some aspect of the song that I learned incorrectly or incompletely, Oh those many years ago.
The campfire series has been a kick. I really enjoy the little flourishes that Neil includes. Such as the beginning riffs or the simple and sometimes not so simply lead licks. Not all the content peaks my interest but there is certainly enough to keep me going for a long time.
Because of the spirit and enthusiasm of this site and Neil, I am very tempted to buy a ukulele and learn that.

Keep it coming, I haven't enjoyed playing my guitars so much for a long time.

Many thanks,
Steve McD

Lavallee

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:45 pm

It was good to play Sister Golden Hair and the story in your eyes.

Marc

TGNesh

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:48 pm

I'm working on I'm Yours, and have tinkered with the Leaving on Jet Plane, both arrangements. Another recent one I've been playing is I'll Follow You Into the Dark.

Besides just really liking the song, I'm Yours is helping me tune up my barre chords, and helping me to learn the notes on the 5th and 6th strings. I also like trying to really understand the chord substitutions PP&M made in their Jet Plane arrangement, very cool from a theory point of view. As for the Death Cab song-- I just like sad songs, I guess, and this one suits my playing style. Though, I don't really play it pure strum as in the campfire version Neil put up, I play it more finger-strum style like they do.

I'm also working on at least 3 other Target songs, as well as a few that aren't on the site. Too much really. :)

Thanks for all the great content.

suziko

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:46 am

I've been working on the PP&M version of Leaving on a Jet Plane. Love the intro. Those maj 7 chords have such a lounge-y feel to them. The song is also helping me with my barre chords.

Also working on Evil Ways. It's pretty easy, but the strum pattern is a bit tricky (for me) which makes it interesting. My one complaint about that video is I wish very much Neil had done a full play-through of the song. He kind of glosses over where the strumming changes (on the "You've got me running..." line), and I doubt he'd just do one strum per measure, but that's pretty much how he plays it in the video. I'm monkeying around with alternate strums, trying to keep the emphasis on beats 2 & 4.

Learned Yellow Submarine. I pretty much have this one down and it's a good song to have added to my repetoire.

Also working on I Will Follow You.... but that's still pretty rough. Full F and Fminor chords are still tricky for me. But I'm plugging away, and I like the strum Neil suggested as an alternative to the plucking/scraping thing that Ben Gibbard does in the original. I'm glad to see a few more "modern" songs being added!

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:16 am

Yep. Working on Sister Golden Hair on a 12 string (need to do my push ups more regularly!) and having fun... a really good camp fire lesson that one.
But I'm never going to pick up a Yuke... not for me!

heyjoe

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:28 am

Hi Matt

Here's my replies

1- Has anyone started trying any of these tunes..??
Not yet, far too many tunes to be working on already!

2- How have you been doing?
Watching and listening Neil has made me realise I need to get the basics right first before I start playing songs, so my practise routine is structured around that.

3- Discovered any new music as a result ??
Not new, but saw Neil's solo version of Imagine wow, thats on the learn list now

4- Maybe rediscovered ?
Rediscovered my love for the acoustic guitar, thinking of selling my electric and amp..anyone wanna buy a 1984 Tokai Goldstar Sound and a 1984 Fender Super Champ? I don't need them any more.

5- Any tips to share ?
Listen to Neil he really knows what he's doing

6- any improvements ?
Yes, playing slower, more controlled, correct hand position makes playing easier. Metronome drives me nuts, but I know its doing me good.

7- anyone rushed out and bought a UKE ??
No, 1 instrument at a time!

AcousticAl

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:33 am

Hi Joe,

That's funny that you're thinking of selling your electric. I did exactly that and used the money to buy my elec/acoustic that I have now. I never played the electric and it just gathered dust. Having the combo now is great and I can either plug it in or go acoustic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic