''FIRE AND RAIN'' NEIL TAYLOR

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
willem

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:32 am

WHAT a great lesson,a friend of my is very influense by James Taylor"guitar playing and he is doing very nice and i was a kind of ,,jealous'' about that,but know with the explain from Neil ''fire and rain'' i can at least practise this very nice playing..THANKS NEIL!! Image

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:54 am

Really, Fire and Rain is not only a wonderful song but Neil just does a masterly lesson on it. All thumbs pointing way the hell upstairs, eh Willem? I love the song but have never tried to go anywhere near it as I couldn't see my way to managing it at all. After Neil's lesson, I'm all fired up to get this song down. It will be my next video post... so that means you've all got about 4-6 weeks peace from me!! Maybe longer... ;-)

willem

Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:08 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Really, Fire and Rain is not only a wonderful song but Neil just does a masterly lesson on it. All thumbs pointing way the hell upstairs, eh Willem? I love the song but have never tried to go anywhere near it as I couldn't see my way to managing it at all. After Neil's lesson, I'm all fired up to get this song down. It will be my next video post... so that means you've all got about 4-6 weeks peace from me!! Maybe longer... ;-)

peace be with you..

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:02 pm

I also want to give a big thumbs up to Neil for singing it. That helps me with the timming. I know Neil would perfer I use the original recording for that but sometimes there is so much going on in the song its just easier this way. Thanks again Neil!

Mike

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:54 pm

I think it's a great lesson too! But as Suzi pointed out to me- why is it only getting a 1-star rating?! It got a five from me & Suzi..

goldleaf

Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:32 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
I think it's a great lesson too! But as Suzi pointed out to me- why is it only getting a 1-star rating?! It got a five from me & Suzi..
I think the thing is broke. I gave it 5 stars as well.

Mike

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:23 am

I think the thing is broke. I gave it 5 stars as well.
I gave it 5 stars and was first to vote and it only showed 1. I reported it to BigJim but I think the boys are all flat to floor getting other things done....

haoli25

Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:02 pm

I also gave "Fire and Rain" a five star rating. In just 10 minutes, Neil helped me correct a problem that I had been repeating for almost 30 years with this song. I finally have it down now! lol

Bill

Chasplaya

Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:14 pm

Do people actually give less than 5 stars??? I gave it 5 also and nope it didn't change, but i note its been reported so will leave it there for now. BigJim will get onto it soonest i'm sure.

willem

Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:04 am

haoli25 wrote:
I also gave "Fire and Rain" a five star rating. In just 10 minutes, Neil helped me correct a problem that I had been repeating for almost 30 years with this song. I finally have it down now! lol

Bill
And Bill what was that problem then and is the playing better now, so it sounds well??

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic