Best 12 String Songs in TARGET

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
rcsnydley

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:07 pm

How about the recent TARGET Short Father & Son by Cat Stevens?

Ric

BigBear

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:11 pm

rcsnydley wrote:
How about the recent TARGET Short Father & Son by Cat Stevens?

Ric

That's one I hadn't considered. Great idea Ric! Thanks!

Music Junkie

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:21 pm

BigBear wrote:
MJ- I never really got into them, maybe they were just a little "new" for me! They peaked in the late 70's and early 80'a when I out of the country. I do remember Can't Fight This Feeling and Keep On Loving You. Both great power ballads! And Take It On The Run. My wife loves them but she thought the 80's were great! LOL!

I'll check out these songs though. Thanks much for the feedback! :cheer:

P.S. You know who else played a lot of 12 string was Tommy Shaw of Styx. He plays the same model Taylor I do (for Andy and Chas!).
I lost touch with REO after they got too soft...... The 80's were my teen years and there is some music that I like from that era, but not a lot.......lol

Tommy Shaw was a good one as well. I have an album he did with Jack Blades of Night Ranger. Liked it. Might Ranger was another good band that got too soft as they got older....... This coming from a guy that now prefers softer music in his older age...... :woohoo:

BigBear

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
I lost touch with REO after they got too soft...... The 80's were my teen years and there is some music that I like from that era, but not a lot.......lol

Tommy Shaw was a good one as well. I have an album he did with Jack Blades of Night Ranger. Liked it. Might Ranger was another good band that got too soft as they got older....... This coming from a guy that now prefers softer music in his older age...... :woohoo:

That Shaw-Blades album is excellent! I have it my car right now. I'd like to be able to play ever one of those covers. Well, there are a few I can belt out now!

Music Junkie

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:50 pm

BigBear wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:

That Shaw-Blades album is excellent! I have it my car right now. I'd like to be able to play ever one of those covers. Well, there are a few I can belt out now!
Well, if you can belt them out now, you are ahead of me...... I have been so bad lately about working on specific songs. The transcription bug has bitten me and I am flailing away there......lol I am now working on "Step by Step" by Eddie Rabbitt. I just finished up his other song called "Pour Me Another Tequila" - great song....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic