Best 12 String Songs in TARGET

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:55 am

Well if we are talking GL and not TARGET, Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is a must.
I also like Summer Time Dream and Cold on The Shoulder on the 12.....

BigBear

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:24 am

Yes, I've got a lot of Gordie tabs. You guys are right, most of his music is made for 12 string! Chris, great ideas on your list, especially Nights. Another good one is Driftwood, do you remember that one? I tried Story in Your Eyes last night but it's a little quick and busy for the 12 string. Should probably be an electric song.

Hide Your Love Away works perfectly. I'm also going to try Heart of Gold and Old Man.

I found out the hard way that a jam session is much different than sitting around a campfire. People want fast songs they can get into at a jam. My old, slow folk music doesn't work too well which cuts out about half of the 3 songs I remember! :lol:

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:37 am

Yeah those sessions need a little tempo and volume. heart of Gold is just perfect for 12. Driftwood is a JH song that I have neglected... I will investigate straight away (need to because I'm badgering Chas and Tony to get up to speed with the Moodies) :-)

Now that we're off target this would be great and it's not hard to play:

But someone needs to be able to sing (always forget about that as it's second nature for me!)

BigBear

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:55 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Yeah those sessions need a little tempo and volume. heart of Gold is just perfect for 12. Driftwood is a JH song that I have neglected... I will investigate straight away (need to because I'm badgering Chas and Tony to get up to speed with the Moodies) :-)

But someone needs to be able to sing (always forget about that as it's second nature for me!)
Chris- I had to laugh, I'm usually so nervous at those jams that I must sound like Tiny Tim! This time I'm going to have a wee dram of Scotland's finest (Macallan 18!) before I try to play or sing! It'd be a lot easier if I could sing like you do!!

I thought I was the biggest Moody Blues fan here but you may be the master. Their music is really timeless. What I would give to sing like JH !! We'll get Chas and Tony to come around! BTW- I love I Dreamed Last Night but it is so typical of all of their music; soothing and enchanting. Do have the tab for that by chance?

Thanks for the feedback! Cheers! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:58 am

You may well have Dreamed last Night at the back of my songbook... or in the right place with the rest of the Moody's songs. ;-)
You are so right about their music, timeless, beautiful singing and melodies. I reckon Neil is a big fan too.

BigBear

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:04 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
You may well have Dreamed last Night at the back of my songbook... or in the right place with the rest of the Moody's songs. ;-)
You are so right about their music, timeless, beautiful singing and melodies. I reckon Neil is a big fan too.

Perfect, I'll check when I get home tonight! Thanks!

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:06 pm

Yup, it's there at the back....

rcsnydley

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:23 pm

Man, does Justin guitar sound great on that song.

And Rick you'll find it on page 144 of Chris' songbook.

Ric

Music Junkie

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:30 pm

Bear:

Are you a fan of REO Speedwagon by any chance? They had some really good songs on their albums "Hi Infidelity" and "You Can Tune A Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish". The ones that stick out in my mind are:

1. Time For Me To Fly

2. Take It On The Run

3. Blazin' Your Own Trail Again
http://www.youtube.com/user/wopper714#p ... oK64Q873zs

Kevin loved to play 12-strings!

:)

BigBear

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Bear:

Are you a fan of REO Speedwagon by any chance? They had some really good songs on their albums "Hi Infidelity" and "You Can Tune A Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish". The ones that stick out in my mind are:

:)

MJ- I never really got into them, maybe they were just a little "new" for me! They peaked in the late 70's and early 80'a when I out of the country. I do remember Can't Fight This Feeling and Keep On Loving You. Both great power ballads! And Take It On The Run. My wife loves them but she thought the 80's were great! LOL!

I'll check out these songs though. Thanks much for the feedback! :cheer:

P.S. You know who else played a lot of 12 string was Tommy Shaw of Styx. He plays the same model Taylor I do (for Andy and Chas!).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic