Target Songs lack value for intermediate/advanced players

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
bhartsell1

Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:42 pm

I purchased the Wild Horses target song. All it consists of is the chord strumming. Am I missing something here? There is none of the lead or a solo fingerpicking version, only boring strumming of chords that would only benefit a raw beginner. I have requested a refund and I will see if Neil stands behind his work.

Bruce

haoli25

Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:52 pm

Bad form Bruce.

Bill

hasben

Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:55 pm

Bruce,

Sorry you are not happy with Wild Horses. And I have little doubt that Neil (TG) will refund your money. But there is much more to this site than one song! In my case, I would love to have a lesson on Mother Goose by Jethro, but it hasn't showed up yet. That said-- at least for me-- there are plenty of gems to be mined from this site. Look around and I hope you find much to stretch your finger and your mind. I have.
Sorry about your bad experience, but please do search around. For me, it is worth it to read and correspond with other guitar players from all around the world.
Best regards, Fred

Music Junkie

Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:57 pm

How about sending a PM and seeing if the info is available or on it's way. Neil and the team have been pretty darn good about taking care of us. I have a hard time believing that it can't be resolved without animosity.....

:unsure:

TGJIM

Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi Bruce,

Welcome to TG. I went to see the status of your issue and was told you did enter a support ticket which is great. I was told you have already been taken care of. Anytime there is a problem with a lesson please simply send us a support request on it only. You will find the team responds quickly and all tickets pass through the eyes of the owners of this site for review in case we need to consider changes to lessons or content.

Hopefully you will find a lesson you like.

Big Jim

sbutler

Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:06 pm

bhartsell1 wrote:
Am I missing something here?
One thing you may be missing is that not all of the songs in the TARGET program are... uh ... targeted to Advanced players. Many, esp those in the 1-5 or 6 difficulty range (which this lesson falls into) are catered to those who may not be as advanced as yourself, and many are catered to real rank beginners (this one seems to be somewhere in the middle). Obviously, they're still great lessons, just not what you're looking for in this case. You may look for other songs in the 6-9/10 range (is there a 10?), as these are likely more fleshed out with more advanced melody picking, etc that you seem to be looking for.

I strongly suspect a TG person will chime in soon, but since you asked the question I thought I'd take a stab at answering it while I was online.

Good luck, and have fun!

EDIT: TGJim beat me to the submit button... :)

tovo

Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:09 pm

I'm not getting all up in arms about this post, but you must be joking. There are a number of lessons designed for beginners, intermediates and advanced players. However, not every lesson is for each level. For instance I don't think there is a Classical Gas lesson for beginners, is there?

I wonder, no let's make it a suggestion, why not add an extra video segment onto some of the easier lessons with slightly more complex options for the intermediate/advanced player? You wouldn't have to redo any of the lessons, just create an addendum. Granted it wouldn't be for every lesson, but Wild Horses might have an advanced section featuring finger picking. Just a thought.

TGJIM

Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:20 pm

One more thing... as a member of ours pointed out our lessons are of different difficulty levels. As someone new to our site viewing the pay per lesson area the levels are not there yet. This is an opportunity for us at TG to improve on the site and we will. For now use the Master Menu button up top to see the difficulty level and that will help. The far right column is the pay per lesson content listing and difficulty level.

So I can certainly understand not knowing what to expect when the lesson was not labeled for you. That was our fault.

Sincerely,
Big JIm

mattroutley

Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:51 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Bad form Bruce.

Bill
Seconded.

I searched far and wide (actually google searched for me!), to get hold of a decent guitar tuition website and, trust me, they don't get better than this one!

Matt

TGMatt

Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Hey all firstly

Welcome to TG...I think you will find we really do care about you..and all you have to do is ask for help through support in a friendly manner and give us a chance to respond...

I was on a plane to Phoenix this morning to meet with Big Jim and saw this support ticket, and their are a couple of additional facts..

Some of the earlier lessons potentially need some additional work for more intermediate players, and I have already discussed this with Neil...

Secondly the ratings for these lessons unfortunately did not meet the Pay per lesson part of the site..so when Neil rates a song at say a 7 to a 9.something (he keeps telling me their is not a 10 ..my reply what about 11 then !) , are the ones it sound like you need to focus on..so I would use the master menu as your guide...

Also I have committed us (and Neil) to producing one intermediate to advanced song per month ) and in fact we are actually filming teh first one as we speak !!!!!!....to launch January...so until then , perhaps work on all the 7-9's we have and look forward to a great year of more difficult pieces..

I would also suggest that you film yourself playing a level 7-9 and put it up and let Neil see of he can give you any advice to help you progress...

For the rest of you ..one of the joys I am getting is seeing you all progress to the point where you can begin genuinely begin attacking more advanced tunes in this next year...songs that would have been beyond your reach perhaps before...??..perhaps some examples from you all would be great to hear about so this gentleman and others can see what progression learning has done for you..

And finally and its a big finally...If anyone ever has an issue with is..give us a chance to resolve it, or if we cannot we will gladly give you a refund...this has always been our policy, I stand by it..their is never a need to question that ....ever.....we would have left memberships open and doen a whole lot of other things if all we wanted was folks cash...it simply is not that case..

I hope you join Target and give us a go...we have a lot in plan for this year...and for some reason I never really got around to summarizing last year for anyone who arrived recently and has no idea of what we got upto in such a short space of time..

Perhaps one of our champions here could have a go from their perspective..or indeed all of you have a go at outlining how we grew as a site, as lessons, as a group, features, and individually ??

P.s ...all spelling and grammatical errors are deliberate ;)

Thx and welcome again

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic