Target Songs lack value for intermediate/advanced players

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
dennisg

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:18 pm

TGMatt wrote:
fyi ....is fyi a word ???????
For your information, Matt, it's an acronym.

- Dennis

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:19 pm

TGMatt wrote:
their there....obviously I am discombobulated every time I post..and clearly I just don't give a rats A## what anyone thinks of my grammar, spelling or anything else..

If you read the post then you would have seen that I left a sentence of deliberation in their or is there...on exactly this topic... :laugh:

Since English is frankly one of the most obtusely structured languages on the planet and as an Australian I like to use colour or is that color ??...and speed, and I have no time for spell check, and since I now know it iritates a few more people , I think I will continue the practice..just to see if flexibility can be garnered... :side:

fyi ....is fyi a word ???????
Trouble with English is it was designed/invented by Englishmen.... lol Now if we Scots had invented the English , or would that be Scottish language we'd all be absolutely F!@#$d So ther, there, their !!!

dennisg

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:23 pm

I think the trouble with English is that it was invented by Germans, Vikings, Romans, and some primitive English tribes. If someone wants to reinvent it, I'm all for leaving it up to the Scots, not that I can ever understand a word of what they're saying.

- Dennis

AndyT

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:25 pm

English is the most constupiulated language on the planet.
How about we all just switch to Dutch. Then we won't have to explain the humor to Willem either.

AcousticAl

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:29 pm

AndyT wrote:
English is the most constupiulated language on the planet.
How about we all just switch to Dutch. Then we won't have to explain the humor to Willem either.

dat klinkt als een goed idee! wat denk je, Willem?

johnrfeeney

Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:01 pm

this site has really helped me for the first time in my playing life think that until i die i can just keep moving foward with the instrument I have loved since I was a kid
the web has really aided in this endeavor
many times Neil's lesson inspires me to go to the web and dig deeper and usually with utube things can get not only more interesting but really fun and educations

bravo Neil and the staff of Totally Guitars

Catman

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:43 am

dennisg wrote:
I think the trouble with English is that it was invented by Germans, Vikings, Romans, and some primitive English tribes. If someone wants to reinvent it, I'm all for leaving it up to the Scots, not that I can ever understand a word of what they're saying.

- Dennis
Of course we would do better in Gaelic! :)

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:15 am

Nah, Gaelic smells David.... or is that garlic?
;-)

unclewalt

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:30 pm

obviously I am discombobulated every time I play..and clearly I just don't give a rats A## what anyone thinks of my musicianship, fingering or anything else..

Since music is frankly one of the most obtusely structured languages on the planet and as an American I like to use colour or is that color ??...and speed, and I have no time for playing the right notes, or knowing what keys are, or proper chord fingerings, and since I now know it iritates a few more people , I think I will continue the practice..just to see if flexibility can be garnered..

So from now on, when Neil says I should play a Bm, I'm going to play a Cm, because what's the difference, right? Also, they rhyme. You people and your "basic rules." I'm also going to start fingering directly onto the frets, and set my action so low that all anyone will hear ...or is that here? ... will be buzz.

In the meantime, of course, I'll start writing as illiterately as possible in all my professional communications and interactions with paying customers, ignoring the most basic rules of spelling and grammar. Because after all, who cares what a bunch of customers think, right?

dennisg

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:45 pm

unclewalt wrote:
In the meantime, of course, I'll start writing as illiterately as possible in all my professional communications and interactions with paying customers, ignoring the most basic rules of spelling and grammar. Because after all, who cares what a bunch of customers think, right?
Walt, unless you have E.S.P., you don't know what the rest of the customers think. So speak for yourself. If someone's lack of attention to spelling or grammar eats at you that much, don't read it. But please don't project your intolerance on the rest of us.

- Dennis

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic