Target Songs lack value for intermediate/advanced players

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
AndyT

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:49 pm

Something I learned from a few different Pastors, the Bible and some other people.

"It doesn't matter how smart you are if your attitude sucks."

It gives me pause all the time.

dekotaj

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Heck i dont no about the rest of you,But i glad Bruce got hes money back. and i wish him the best.And i dont want to speak for matt,But ill bet money he can Take care of him self.

TGMatt

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:16 pm

unclewalt wrote:
obviously I am discombobulated every time I play..and clearly I just don't give a rats A## what anyone thinks of my musicianship, fingering or anything else..

Since music is frankly one of the most obtusely structured languages on the planet and as an American I like to use colour or is that color ??...and speed, and I have no time for playing the right notes, or knowing what keys are, or proper chord fingerings, and since I now know it iritates a few more people , I think I will continue the practice..just to see if flexibility can be garnered..

So from now on, when Neil says I should play a Bm, I'm going to play a Cm, because what's the difference, right? Also, they rhyme. You people and your "basic rules." I'm also going to start fingering directly onto the frets, and set my action so low that all anyone will hear ...or is that here? ... will be buzz.

In the meantime, of course, I'll start writing as illiterately as possible in all my professional communications and interactions with paying customers, ignoring the most basic rules of spelling and grammar. Because after all, who cares what a bunch of customers think, right?
I think in this new year with new opportunities, I will leave this conversation with the suggestion that you may be taking things a touch too seriously, and a touch of humor and goodwill may be a new years resolution....I only say this because I care ..... ;)

hasben

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:44 pm

I joined this site to learn the guitar-- not spelling or grammar. Actually have a BA in English and even then didn't learn to spel good, or well. Got a doctorate too but mainly that taught me humility. I am very happy with TG if only for the guitar lessons; but the overall sense of good humor that usually prevails is both welcomed and enjoyed greatly. Thanks to all of you. I can even laugh at a grouch.

Fred

haoli25

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:02 pm

You are sooooooo right Fred. It does make you appreciate the other 99.9% of the members and the staff at TG, doesn't it? :laugh:

Bill

BigBear

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:19 am

Walt- I value candor above most things and have gotten myself into a fair amount of trouble for calling it like I see it. But I know you must be pulling our legs because if you don't give a rats backside what anybody thinks about you, your music or your skills why would you give a hoot about spelling and grammar? That should just be water off a duck's back!

I'm a civil engineer so by definition I can't spell or write. Does that make me a bad guy because my world is primarily one of numbers and not words?

Anyway, I know you were just funnin' us! I think we should declare "Spelling Amnesty" for this site and be done with it!

Take care buddy! :cheer:

wiley

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:01 am

AcousticAl

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:05 am

Well played, Wiley!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:41 am

Wow, this thread left the rails way back there ;-).... but the impending train wreck didn't happen. We have evolved.

My second thought on this is, we don't see the world how it is, we see it as we are.

Peace and light!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic