Guess the first song to be released for the new year here...

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
Chasplaya

Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:39 pm

Dire Straits Romeo and Juliet.

waggis

Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Now your talking. I 2nd Black Mountainside in DADGAD.

Lavallee

Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:21 pm

BigBear wrote:
Lavallee wrote:
waggis wrote:
Neil just knocked out a lot of possibilities with his Open tuning, finger picking comment. Matt claims a new artist at level 8. I guess we can disregard a classical piece like Bouree, as it is not a 8 and is not open tuning. I had hoped for "Last Steam Engine Train" he played before Christmas, but that is in standard tuning. "Little Martha" would have been my 2nd favorite on the request list in Open D. Maybe he is ready to dive into DADGAD tuning?

How about Leo Kottke's "Three Quarter North" in Drop-D tuning?
:blink:
Hi Waggis, where do you feel Bourre should be listed as you said not an 8?

Marc
Marc- Bourree should be a 7 IMHO and I would lobby for an 8 due to all the couplets and the speed of the changes. Not a technically difficult song (no barre chords!) but requires good speed and accuracy.

This guy moves up the neck and never even glances down! I am impressed!!

Cheers! :cheer:

p.s. Please don't send any more Canadian winter south!! We've had quite enough thank you!! lol! :laugh:

Rick: Sorry for the snow :( but is Prawnpig's fault, he lives north of you ;)

I must say that the difficulty level is always stetchable. If you already know a song like Bourree for Waggis who has played it for a number of years, it does not look very challenging. However when you are looking at the sheet for the first time, the learning curve looks much steeper. Plus your background as a player or the level you are at counts for a lot in one`s evaluation of a song. I also find it 7-8 even though I play most of it, the accuracy and the speed as you mentioned is challenging.

Marc

Rod

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Wow... just checked the master menu and there hasn't been a new song since the 18th of December that's 4 weeks.

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Rod wrote:
Wow... just checked the master menu and there hasn't been a new song since the 18th of December that's 4 weeks.
Even TG gets holiday lol, they certainly deserve one, noting the reviews that went up over this time , most of which are mini lessons in themselves

kenoakee

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:16 pm

What The ....? when does the song get announced??? or has it been and i'm missin it?

beaker

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:27 pm

I second that!
Matt, What's up? Been surfing all day???? maybe lost in Humbolt County!!!! Oh well, patience it a virtue.

AndyT

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:30 pm

Did we already have the Cheap Trick lesson?

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:30 pm

beaker wrote:
I second that!
Matt, What's up? Been surfing all day???? maybe lost in Humbolt County!!!! Oh well, patience it a virtue.
Maybe Matt hasn't adjusted his clock after all the recent travelling...

TGMatt

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:39 pm

Rod wrote:
Rod

We posted over 30 lessons in December we posted 4 on the last day alone...instead of staggering them,so we could have a break..in fact we averaged way way more than double what we promised we would ..so we here are confused by this surprise ....We were very very very clear we were going to be away till the 15th which is today, and so we went overboard to give you some 60+ lessons in November and December....

B4 the 15th of January we had Neil film a ton of video responses and today he filmed an overview of a few topics..

And as of a few minutes ago we have posted the first of the lessons of the new year..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic