Guess the first song to be released for the new year here...

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
waggis

Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Neil just knocked out a lot of possibilities with his Open tuning, finger picking comment. Matt claims a new artist at level 8. I guess we can disregard a classical piece like Bouree, as it is not a 8 and is not open tuning. I had hoped for "Last Steam Engine Train" he played before Christmas, but that is in standard tuning. "Little Martha" would have been my 2nd favorite on the request list in Open D. Maybe he is ready to dive into DADGAD tuning?

How about Leo Kottke's "Three Quarter North" in Drop-D tuning?
:blink:

Lavallee

Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Maybe one of the Jim Croce song that Kevin posted?

Marc

Lavallee

Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:49 pm

waggis wrote:
Neil just knocked out a lot of possibilities with his Open tuning, finger picking comment. Matt claims a new artist at level 8. I guess we can disregard a classical piece like Bouree, as it is not a 8 and is not open tuning. I had hoped for "Last Steam Engine Train" he played before Christmas, but that is in standard tuning. "Little Martha" would have been my 2nd favorite on the request list in Open D. Maybe he is ready to dive into DADGAD tuning?

Hi Waggis, where do you feel Bourre should be listed as you said not an 8?

Marc

deuce01

Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:55 pm

This has been a long morning......waiting.......waiting..... :)

waggis

Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:58 pm

I'd put Bouree at 6 or 7. It's only got two sections which repeat once each. I learned it in college years ago.

BigBear

Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:59 pm

Lavallee wrote:
waggis wrote:

Hi Waggis, where do you feel Bourre should be listed as you said not an 8?

Marc
Marc- Bourree should be a 7 IMHO and I would lobby for an 8 due to all the couplets and the speed of the changes. Not a technically difficult song (no barre chords!) but requires good speed and accuracy.

This guy moves up the neck and never even glances down! I am impressed!!

Cheers! :cheer:

p.s. Please don't send any more Canadian winter south!! We've had quite enough thank you!! lol! :laugh:

suziko

Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:00 pm

Joni Mitchell, "Both Sides Now" it's in Open G and is fingerpicked!

waggis

Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:24 pm

The original Joni Mitchell version is struming in Open D tuning, but I have seen tab on the web with finger picking in Open G.

mark

Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:25 pm

could be 4+20

mark

Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:33 pm

or black mountainside

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic