New Target Lesson : 4+20, Crosby Stills Nash & Young / 1-20-2010

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
willem

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:40 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Great song, great lesson great addition to TG with the Pro files. Way to go guys!

i agree..

abiliog

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:35 am

Another beautiful song for my repertoire :woohoo:

Matt & Neil:
Thank you so much.

Catman

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:57 am

Does it get any better than this?

Matt, Neil & all the TG team: much appreciated and many thanks!

David

goldleaf

Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:00 pm

Thanks Matt and TG team for another great tech addition. I have not used Guitar Pro, I thought someone familiar with it could give me & any others not familiar w/ GP - what are a few of the benefits (uses) of GP say with 4&20. Does it produce guitar tabs based on what it hears, can you use it to slow down songs to make learning hard parts easier to learn? Just trying to decide which guitar related software to purchase other than Audacity, or download a trial period of. Thanks in advance for any info that will help me get a general idea of how I could use this software to help with learning TG & other songs. Gary

drfuji

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:25 pm

Great song...the new tuning was interesting....got me real excited when you started playing Suite:Judy Blue Eyes..could that be something coming down the line..hope so.

goldleaf

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:33 pm

drfuji, me too, I tuned my guitar to DADDAD and it really sounds cool. Got to really place my fingers just right on the fretboard or I start to get buzz from the slack strings. Neil made it sound like there were a number of songs that can be played with that tuning, like Judy Blue Eyes. Gary BTW if anybody is familiar with Guitar pro I'd be interested in what some of the best benefits of it are and what people are using it for. Thanks Gary

d_dog

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Awesome Matt and Neil! I hadn't heard 4+20 before. Sure sounds a lot like Tree Top Flyer.
It seemed like I could hear a lot more "noise" in the videos that others. Like a whooshing sound in the background, is that just cause the door was open? A more directional mic might help, or if you are using one, the sound is probably just reflecting off Neil's backdrop. It's not really that big of a deal, I'm not complaining at all, just an observation.
I've never tried Guitar Pro tabs, I'm going to check that out.
Thanks guys! :)

TGMatt

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:09 am

to check out guitar pro you can click our banner on here to the right or directly from the forum (if you buy it we get a tiny commission)

But more importantly you can see some training and overview stuff on their site..

Also we have a community group on Guitar Pro , which is full of great users and tips ( I forgot who started it- but it is a great group)

Hope that assists

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic