>>New Target Lesson - Suite Judy Blue eyes - Crosby Stills & Nash A Target Drip feed lesson !!

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:48 pm

Drum roll....

This lesson is a brand new format - so please read

Here is our latest lesson, by Crosby Stills and Nash, it is a tune that has been strategically placed (refer to the thread I began about related techniques and songs in Target)...

The lesson is the first in a brand new series called the "drip feed" lessons...

I will do a little video with a history of how this came about but briefly here..

The lessons will be very short and the song difficulty is mid to high range for drip feed lessons..

You will only get 1 part a month...so this is a side project for more advanced players...who may be able to jump ahead..

But here is the real kicker...for those of you like me who want to tackle harder songs..but get overwhelmed by its complexity early..here is a way to see a very small part of a tune..work on it and only this part without getting ties up in the rest of the song , until you get this part down..

This also means we would love to see your videos of just these mini parts...over time you will build a video progression...for us it will enable us to laser in on just these components, and help accelerate your learning, so get your videos in ....one little bit at a time..

At the end of course you will be able to film the entire production put together...

You will find this lesson under "Drip Feed" in the menu section of Target...

Looking forward to seeing some of your efforts

Cheers

Matt

[video type=youtube]pj0kt4vUSNI[/video]

suziko

Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:57 pm

I have to say, I love this idea. I've been contemplating taking on a "long term project" song, but my problem is that I have a hard time taking things slowly and end up devoting all of my time to a song instead of just learning a little at a time. This format will force me to take it slowly- plus I LOVE this song!!! Thanks guys!

suziko

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Oooooh, and it's in DADDAD! Good thing I just watched the 4 + 20 lesson yesterday!

TGNaz

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Definitely, great idea! Basically, that's how I always learn complicated songs - split it into logical parts and train each one until I'll get it polished. Than merge em together. Good example of this "Classical Gas" - it has a few separate parts which sounds pretty good even separately.

tovo

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Great idea and yet another tool for learning. Very cool. Well done guys.

MarkM

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:43 pm

Great idea and great song. Thank you for getting this up. I'm going to be on pins and needles until the next portion is released.

MarkM

goldleaf

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Super idea. It fits well with my problem of getting distracted with new songs and never finishing one. This will let me develop the skills over a period of time. It will also let me use some of my other guitars, since I'm not going to retune my guitar to standard tuning everyday. Way to go Matt. Gary

johnrfeeney

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:05 pm

love the innovative teaching ideas

d_dog

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:21 pm

Drip-Feed, nice! I like the installment plan idea. I just hope the interest isn't too high :laugh:

AndyT

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:47 pm

A very interesting idea. The only qualm I have is the words 'Drip Feed'. Kind of sounds like something you would hear in a hospital...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic