>>Newest Target Lesson - Jim Croce - Have to say I love you in a song

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
stratman3

Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:23 am

Oh, well that's just great......NOW, what am I going to do?
I can't take it anymore!! These songs just keep coming at me...... Just kidding, not really.
But I do have the "Kid in the candy store" syndrome.

I was just going to start on "Time in a bottle" and now this comes up.
Decisions, decisions. B)

jayswett

Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:44 pm

I know I'm preaching to the choir when I say this, but this Target Program is just so amazing. Yet another great song to learn. Thanks for this. I have the week off, so now I know what I'll be working on.

sylvester

Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:27 pm

THANK YOU , THANK YOU, THANK YOU , I requested Croce several monthes back and thought -
with all the requests you get - it would never happen!!!! So once again , THANK YOU- I'll work my butt off on this song.....
By the way --- LINUS AND LUCY was a kick-ass addition to the lesson list...

goldleaf

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:01 pm

This song really lets Neil shine. He knows how great some of Croce's songs were and this is one of them. You can tell he wants it played right or at least with some real feeling as Croce does. I really appreciate how Neil holds out until he feels he has done justice to some of these really great, almost inspirational songs. Gary

Catman

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:48 am

Too much! Too much!

...but don't stop B)

d_dog

Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Wow, this is going to be challenging. I am crushed to find out after all this time of having barre chords down fairly well, that I have a dead string! Nooooooo! I hadn't noticed it much until I tried to do some finger picking while playing a barre minor 7 chord, such as a Cm7 or Bm7. I can't get the 3rd string(G) to ring out. All the other strings are great, but I am struggling with a soft spot on my left index (barre) finger right at the 3rd string. Dang! I'm trying really hard to start to roll my index finger back, more on it's side to get it to ring. This is going to take some time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic