>>Newest Target Lesson - Bourree - a classical Guitar Instrumental

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Bourrée

Guitar Instrumental

Level 8

This famous and often recorded classical guitar piece, originally written for the lute, can be fingered many different ways. Neil goes over his suggested fingerings as well as technical details on playing the piece

In Target program now

Hope you enjoy it

[video type=youtube]IyrOVzJ7ksk[/video]

willem

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:11 pm

i've not looked yet but i know for sure i'm gonna enjoy this lesson..

dtaylor

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Wow, that looks like so much fun! That's my weekend written off then....
So much to learn, so little time.
Thank you so much for another great lesson.

Dean.

BigBear

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Once again Neil has laid to waste the argument that classical songs can't be played on a steel string guitar. Who needs a stinking nylon string guitar when you can bang out Bouree like that? Just kidding of course!

Neil, you just continue to amaze us with your virtuosity! Thanks for another superb lesson. In my spare time from all the other TARGET songs I'll hammer that one out and put it in my bag of tricks! Who am I kidding?

Thanks for one of the all-time great classical pieces of music. I would love to hear Hector play this song as well to hear it in a more traditional manner.

Cheers! :cheer:

waggis

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:42 pm

With all the requests for Bourree, I was wondering when Neil was going to put this song up.

David

unclewalt

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:49 pm

Seriously, you guys seem to sometimes be reading my mind. With "Black Mountain Side" now firmly under my fingers, I was just getting ready to move back to this one, which I started working on a few months ago before getting distracted.

BigBear

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:56 pm

unclewalt wrote:
Seriously, you guys seem to sometimes be reading my mind. With "Black Mountain Side" now firmly under my fingers, I was just getting ready to move back to this one, which I started working on a few months ago before getting distracted.

Tough song! When you get this one hammered out I'd live to hear it. The rare Jimmy Page acoustic tune without Plant's singing! Great song!

michelew

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:00 pm

ooooooohhhh - pprrreeeeettttyyyy - I think I just decided what my very, very, long-term project is going to be. Brilliant!!!

unclewalt

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 pm

BigBear wrote:
unclewalt wrote:

Tough song! When you get this one hammered out I'd live to hear it. The rare Jimmy Page acoustic tune without Plant's singing! Great song!
I'm not really one for videotaping myself, but maybe. I should say: I meant it's firmly under my fingers enough that now I can practice it without referring to a tab or anything, but I have a way to go before I can actually play it convincingly. I've got the main riff pretty well down, though. This one was a huge breakthrough for me -- if you asked me a year ago how long it might take me to learn it, I might have said "never." Or "a year, at least." But it took me just a few weeks. I've been playing for more than 30 years, and have learned more in the past year or so than I did in any five years before that -- thanks both to my own resurrected determination, and to this site.

Anyway, on to Bouree, which I think will be fairly easy to learn, and really hard to play up to speed.

unclewalt

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:32 pm

FYI: the beginning of the video for section A is cut off.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic