>>>New Target Song - Miserlou - An electric special

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:16 pm

This is a great lesson from one of our newest teachers Steve on the electric, so we hope you enjoy it..Hope were suprising you all..

A level 6 track..

Miserlou is a traditional Greek melody that came into current culture in 1962 when guitarist Dick Dale took a bet that he couldn't play a song on just one string. Dale remembered his uncle playing the song on an oud (fretless Middle Eastern instrument, similar to a lute), using just one string. Using elements of the contemporary surf style and the addition of a tremolo technique he created this now well known guitar classic.

Cheers

Miserlou Lesson

tom18

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:22 pm

Awesome, great tune! But of course I'll have to go back and watch this again....

Tom Image

dennisg

Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:14 pm

I remember this song very well. This was surf music before the Beach Boys. But two things strike me about this video: 1) I've never seen so little music come out of a 6-piece combo; and 2) You gotta love that blond doing the twist. Those were the days!

Chasplaya

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Now that would make for a good collaboration, all we need is the Pearly teeth advert back , suits and a choreographer... I'm sure one of the gals can step up and play the blonde... Suzi????

haoli25

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Hello, DUMBASS here! :) I have been looking for Steve's lesson of "Miserlou". After several attempts, it finally dawned on me that it just may be an Electric Guitar lesson. DUH.. Soooooo, if anyone else has a 'hard of thinking' moment, click on TARGET and scroll down to Electric Guitar.

Excellent lesson Steve.

Bill

coomba

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:48 pm

G'day, Matt
I just spent an hour or so on Steve's lesson and I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it.
The level is a bit high for me (6) but I got a lot out of it regarding timing and how to actually do tremolo picking and build speed.(in time).
Great lesson for me.
Thanks Steve looking forward to your future lessons.
Cheers
Scott

Moondog

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Yeah, I get to get out my electric.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic