>>> Newest Target Acoustic Genius Series..Chords In a major Key

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:02 pm

So surprise...After a huge week of releases and work , here is a Saturday special ..hope you enjoy it and Neil and the teams hard work to get it to you ..we love to overload you with stuff ;)

Here is a brand new 9 Part series to add to the Acoustic Genius series..

I watched Neil film parts of this and I can tell you it has absolute relevance to some of the recent song releases and for any of you advanced students who want it all..

I hope you enjoy this release....

You will find it under Acoustic Genius in Target

Building Blocks - Fundamentals VII
Chords In A Major Key

Overview

Chords In Keys picks up following Chord Construction and explains how to figure out what triads belong to a major key. The lesson includes examples and explanations both on the guitar and the piano.

Chapter 1: Intro & Definitions

Neil reviews important terms with definitions that will be used in this lesson. He defines and discusses terms like note, pitch, frequency, whole step, half step, scale, key, interval, triad, chord, and progression.

Chapter 2: Intervals - Major & Minor 3rds

This lesson is done at the keyboard and shows how the notes are laid out as well as introducing the interval of a 3rd, the foundation of our harmonic system.

Chapter 3: Triads

Again at the keyboard, Neil shows how 3rds are combined to create triads, and explains the difference between major, minor, diminished and augmented triads.

Chapter 4: Triads In A Major Key

This chapter looks at the set of seven triads that belong to a major key. This is also done at the keyboard with a couple of different keys addressed.

Chapter 5: Chord Progressions I

Back on the guitar, this chapter looks at triads in a major key and how to start thinking about them by numbers rather than letter names. It continues with looking at some chord progressions in 5 keys commonly used by guitar players.

Chapter 6: Chord Progressions II

The continuation of chord progressions includes chords beyond I, IV, & V- the minor chords, as well as the dominant seventh.

Chapter 7: Seventh Chords

This lesson takes each triad in the key and expands it into a seventh chord.

Chapter 8: The Diminished Chord

A short look at diminished chords and some of the ways they are used in chord progressions.

Chapter 9: Summary & Conclusion

General parting thoughts and important things to keep in mind as you continue on your musical journey.

In this short chapter Neil plays a well-known melody in four different modes, Ionian, Mixolydian, Dorian, and Aeolian, then brings in a connection to the Melodic Minor Scale.

Chapter 8: Modal Chord Progressions

Neil takes a look at some chord progressions and how to determine what Mode they might be in.

Chapter 9: Modal Lead Patterns

Chapter 9 presents some ideas about figuring out Modal Patterns you can use up the neck and then transpose to other keys.

thereshopeyet

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:31 am

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic