>>>Newest Target Lesson - George Harrison - Isn't it a pity.

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Well all...

As a result of a video upload here is a fully fledged Target Lesson for the song..

Isn't It A Pity was written by George Harrison in 1966 but was not recorded until he started working on his solo album All Things Must Pass, released in 1970. Neil's lesson shows a way to strum through the chord progression in the original key of G major,but also includes a look at George's acoustic demo version recorded in January 1969, when the Beatles were shooting the movie Let It

It is a level 5 Song and so we sure hope you like the extra effort from Neil as a response..

Anyways Available now..

Cheers

MarkM

Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 am

Hi Guys. Just watched the lesson and I think it is fantastic. Great insights into the demo version. I can't wait to clean up my G version and then go for the demo one as well. I can't thank you enough for putting in all this effort in such a short amount of time.

Best regards,

MarkM

cosmicmechanic

Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:28 am

The interest in George Harrison has set off a number of side effects for me.

Thanks to MarkM for igniting this and ESPECIALLY to Neil for his enthusiastic (yay!) response.

It does turn out that on the web there are enlightening acoustic versions of George strutting his stuff in a simple manner,
rather than in the heavy ketchup that Phil Spector slathered on the "All things must pass" album.

Neil, you seem quite comfortable singing this song ... very pleasant, please keep it up.

I cannot help just biting into this lesson ... yum!

By the way, seems quiet in TGland this weekend ... is it tax time all around the world as it is here, in Canada?

Pierre

michelew

Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:34 am

THis is a very cool lesson. I love the Beatles history in it too. Thanks Neil and Mark.

pbraun

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:10 am

Guess it is going to be one of those days. I can not find the lesson, where is it? I feel so dumb!
Pete

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:32 am

I have to say, there is something very special about this. Neil has been inspired by a student uploaded video and within days he has produced a full TARGET lesson complete with background info on the song plus Guitar Pro files etc. So he has responded to Mark who originally posted his video in a very complete and interactive way. Neil even takes on board a reference I made about the song sounding similar to Imagine and tells us that George's song pre-dates Imagine by about 4 years. This fascinating, in-depth response really connects to us members in a very specially way, spanning the globe. I hadn't even heard this song before so through Mark and through Neil I'm pulled into it's gravity field and starting to really like it. It's just brilliant! Thanks so much Mark and Neil and the TG Team. Only possible at TG, folks!

EDIT: It's here Pete: http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -pity#song

izzyhara

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:41 am

I so agree with Chris - one of our members puts up a song he is trying, and Neil gets inspired and jumps on the band wagon. Where else would that happen? I'd like to think that the Circle Game originated from my TGAnthem competition entry, but I never got any credit. Still - I played it and it then became a lesson. Neil really connected with the group with his efforts.... I do feel like I know the man, and I want to work harder and show more because of his interaction with us. Pretty cool stuff.....

pbraun

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks Chris I found itjust before your post, not sure why I couldn't find it but it was worth the search time. What a great way to get a lesson, coming from a member. And really a great lesson with a lot of insight. At my playing level I am not sure I can consider it a Campfire song" but I am going to try it. George was always my favorite songwriter out of the 3 (sorry Ringo) and this has always been one of the best.
Pete

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic