>>Newest Target lesson - Eric Clapton - San Francisco Bay Blues - Happy Birthday week ....

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:51 pm

TO continue with our theme week for Eric Clapton...Here is a song from our beloved Bay area..

San Francisco Bay Blues was written by Jesse Fuller, a songwriter and one-man-band who lived in the Bay Area until his death in 1976. His songs were very popular with San Francisco bands of the 60s and 70s- Hot Tuna, the Jefferson Airplane and the Grateful Dead, to name a few. This song became his most famous and has been recorded by dozens of artists over the last 50 years. This lesson is based on Eric Clapton's version on his 'Unplugged' album. It features basic chords in the key of C, and uses a country style strumming pattern.

It is a level 4 ..a great track hope you enjoy it, I remember watching this and laughing my ass off years ago of at the percussionist and his antics..

I can also definately see this coming back as a collaboration with the kazoos and harmonica etc...so come on lets see your stuff all..

Cheers

Matt

[video type=youtube]SXvdKUSW5tU[/video]

wammer

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:57 pm

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo k

So I havent even checked out the lesson yet but Im soooooooo excited I love this song.........THANK YOU. First heard it a couple of years ago not very many people are aware of it.

Tammy

RicksPick

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:07 am

Fantastic, thanks guys
The rate at which the site expands is amazing.

Thanks Unclewalt having the link served helps
Noticed you before providing a free service
Just wanted to say thanks

RicksPick

willem

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Neil said many coverd this old song,,

dennisg

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Thanks for posting this, Willem. This is the version I used to sing with my brother back in the '60s.

willem

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:13 pm

dennisg wrote:
Thanks for posting this, Willem. This is the version I used to sing with my brother back in the '60s.

Your welcome Dennis,,,there are more and it is fun to watch..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic