>>Newest Target lesson - Eric Clapton - Layla - Happy Birthday week ....

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
whitma1

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:47 am

Hi Neil - just got the new Layla lesson but am crestfallen that you don't cover the so-called "piano coda" piece at the end of the song. In the "Play Through" you do a brilliant acoustic version and comment that you might cover it later, but elsewhere say you'll probably cover it as a separate lesson.

Please, please add it to the lesson!

Thanks

whitma1

(aka Martin White)

BigBear

Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:05 pm

Neil- I was wondering how you would approach teaching this great song, especially considering it is really two songs, acoustic and electric, with only minor similarities. And both versions were big hits!

I just watched the whole lesson and you did a brilliant job breaking it down so that dummies like me can understand it!!

Just another in a long line of fantastic TARGET lessons. I can't wait to go play it!

Thanks Neil. You get a lot of praise on this site and it still isn't enough for your incredible ability to make something complex into something simpler and more accessable. You have a gift!

Cheers! :cheer:

haoli25

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:17 pm

Yeah, what HE said........ Image

dante8

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:23 am

Neil,
Thank you for doing this lesson! This is one of my favs and I never imagined that after only an evening of going through the lesson I had something passable enough that my wife recognized it! I can't wait to get better and explore the lead parts after I get the rhythm portion of the song down.

Now let's see about While My Guitar Gently Weeps. ;)

Thanks and regards,
Josh

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic