>> Latest Target Lesson - Robbie Robertson and the Band - The Weight

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Greetings fellow lesson addicts..

Today we strike another song off the most voted list - The Weight

The Weight is one of the most popular songs by Robbie Robertson and The Band. It was released in 1969 on their 1st album, Music From Big Pink.

The whimsical lyrics and instantly recognizable opening lick make it a lot of fun to play and sing, especially if you can round up some friends to sing along. This TARGET Short lesson includes playing it in the original key of A as well as transposed down to G.

This lesson is a Level 4, so almost all of you can get their teeth into this immediately, even beginners...

It is available in Target program now at

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... the-weight

Hope you enjoy it all

tovo

Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:03 pm

Very cool! Thank you. I saw the DVD 'The Last Waltz' for the first time recently and excitedly told a friend...he said "Yeah I saw it 30 years ago...young punk!"

Chasplaya

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:57 pm

This just made a good day brilliant. I have the 'The Last Waltz' DVD and play it often just for this song. Love the movie 'Easy Rider' too just for the music.

tom18

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:45 am

Thanks Neil! I've wanted to tackle this tune for a long time as well. Seems like you can't pretend to be a guitarist if you don't have this one in your repertoire.
Tom

sws626

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Awesome! Love this song.

mbleier

Tue May 04, 2010 3:19 pm

I've always enjoyed this song and it was very reassuring for me to pick up a 4 and be able to play it complete quickly. It has been a testament to the awesome instruction that I have gotten from Neil. I love the descending base line part to make the song have a little more feel to it then just strumming straight chords the whole time.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic