>> Newest Target Lesson - IRL - AC/DC Back IN Black

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:30 pm

Actually props to RIchard Hadlee, he was a champion, and I loved watching Lance Cairns (frog in a blender) bowl, and of course he had that shoulderless bat...

Then it gets a bit thin..although I do have a bat somewhere autographed by Geoff Howarth when he was captain..

Chasplaya

Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:23 am

Shane Bond springs to mind as a class act. Not to disappoint You know the kind of bowling that is over arm... ;) Brendon McCullum is also a class Wicket keeper and Ross taylor has been compared to a Sachin Tendulkar. Problem with NZ Cricket is they never get sufficient depth for the selectors. Its, cricket, is only the number 3 sport if not 4 now that Soccer is getting big with the Wellington Pheonix doing well and the All Whites getting to the World Cup only for the second time ever. And we had another top allrounder in Lances son Chris. But will never forget lances six 6's in one over magnificient stuff.

TGMatt

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:06 am

cricket isnt exactly number 1 in oz mate ..after footy , footy and footy, comes rugby, rugby league and soccer for sure now, then their is surf lifesaving ; )

Have to say Underarm was lowest point in cricket for me..he should have been deported forever..but then the poms did give us the bodyline series, and we had ball tampering outa pakistan, and then then the south aftricans threw games under cronje..not quite as noble a sport as we'd like Im afraid..

the 6 sixes, with the Newberry ??...bat, I remember rushing to a store to buy one after that...

Chasplaya

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:04 am

TGMatt wrote:
cricket isnt exactly number 1 in oz mate ..after footy , footy and footy, comes rugby, rugby league and soccer for sure now, then their is surf lifesaving ; )

Have to say Underarm was lowest point in cricket for me..he should have been deported forever..but then the poms did give us the bodyline series, and we had ball tampering outa pakistan, and then then the south aftricans threw games under cronje..not quite as noble a sport as we'd like Im afraid..

the 6 sixes, with the Newberry ??...bat, I remember rushing to a store to buy one after that...
"He backs off again and thrashes that one! And that's cleared Graeme Wood's head at mid-off! That's the sixth one! That must be an incredible bat he's got! It must be made of extremely good English willow."

"Very heavy English willow ! And there goes Excalibur into action again! Straight over the top of long-off, one of the most difficult shots in the book and umpire Tony Crafter's arms are growing heavy, he's been putting them above his head so often he's getting tired!"

TGMatt

Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:28 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic